PDA

View Full Version : Am I weird?

KingstonsMom
19th March 2007, 08:19 AM
So Kingston's birthday is coming up...okay, it's not until May but still...and I really want to throw him a party. I'm talking about a party with invited guests and balloons and whatnot. Is that insane? icon_whistling

I'm thinking about having it at the local dog park and requesting that each guest bring an item to donate to the animal shelter. I'd love some more party ideas (food, games, etc.) if anybody can think of some. Thanks!

Chanel
19th March 2007, 11:06 AM
I think it is a lovely idea. I'm just sad that it is to far away for me to come.

Kingston is a very beautiful boy. How old will he be? :p

Let us know how the party will progress.

Take care. Christina

*Pauline*
19th March 2007, 11:30 AM
I think it's a very good idea and if you want him to have a good day and have lots of fun, I think this is the best present he can have. The charity idea is great too. :D Well done :flwr:

Cathy Moon
19th March 2007, 11:35 AM
I like the idea, especially the shelter donations! :) I don't know of any organized games for dogs, though.

At agility class, whenever a dog had a birthday, the owner of the dirthday dog would bring goodies for everyone, usually in the form of a gift bag with a toy, bullystick, or homemade biscuits. And a chocolate treat for the other owners, of course! :lol:

Nicki
19th March 2007, 12:22 PM
Love the idea of shelter donations :flwr: :flwr:

you could have things like a tempation alley, where they have to walk past yummies such as bits of sausage.

Fastest recall

Pass the parcel - with treats between each layer, they have to rip off the paper.

Can you borrow some mini agility equipment? Maybe little jumps and a tunnel? That could be fun.

Wrap up some yummies and the dogs have to retrieve the parcel, then they get to eat the contents...used to do this at dog club, and no, Rupert never made it back with his untouched LOL

Hunt for toys/treats

Pup Idol - maybe some of those attending would like to do a 2minute routine with their dog - prizes for the best one?

I'm sure others will have ideas...

as for food, maybe some special biscuits from a dog bakery; bits of raw veg - carrots, swede, apple {no pips!} etc; sausage {if you can get healthy ones - low fat, high meat content};

I make a doggie cake with the satin balls recipe

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1523&highlight=satin+balls

I don't like feeding raw hamburger/mince so just bring it to the boil in some water and then drain it. I also crush the eggshells.

Oh and this makes a HUGE quantity, I divide the ingredients by 5 - that should be plenty for a birthday cake.
If you put it into a glass bowl or something similar it sets to the shape - you can then just decorate it with doggie biscuits as below - please be very careful if you use candles...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/OurDogs/birthdayparty2.jpg

Cathy T
19th March 2007, 04:54 PM
As you can see by Nicki's picture...you are not weird. Okay, weird, but not alone in your weirdness I had a first birthday party for Jake at our local dog park. We invited all of his friends and everyone got goodies bags. It was a lot of fun. :lol: I love the idea of donations for a shelter.

Nicki
19th March 2007, 08:49 PM
Definitely not alone in your weirdness!!!

Don't forget to take lots of photos :D

WoodHaven
19th March 2007, 08:52 PM
So Kingston's birthday is coming up...okay, it's not until May but still...and I really want to throw him a party. I'm talking about a party with invited guests and balloons and whatnot. Is that insane? icon_whistling

I'm thinking about having it at the local dog park and requesting that each guest bring an item to donate to the animal shelter. I'd love some more party ideas (food, games, etc.) if anybody can think of some. Thanks!

I went to a bark mitzvah-- yes the dog had turned 13. It was so much fun. Go for it!

Julie S
19th March 2007, 09:31 PM
The answer is a resounding NO. :p But then again, look who you're talking to. ;)

You must check out this website. My friend just got the "Come Pee" party invitations. There's even a "Birthday Pawty" one. :lol: And I fully intend on sending out "It's a Dog!" announcements. Sigh.

http://waghappycards.com/store_invites.html

Coco's mom
19th March 2007, 10:02 PM
Not weird at all! Sounds like fun! I've started to plan Coco's 1st birthday party which will be in June! Glad to see I'm not the one. :lol:

Here's some pics from Coco's 6 month birthday. :D
http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6368

Oh, and Julie S, I also couldn't resist sending out puppy announcements when Coco came from the breeders! :roll: I made them though because I couldn't find any I liked. Here's the front:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/pradasmurf/Puppy%20at%20Breeder/announce.jpg

Julie S
19th March 2007, 10:07 PM
Oh, and Julie S, I also couldn't resist sending out puppy announcements when Coco came from the breeders! :roll: I made them though because I couldn't find any I liked. Here's the front:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/pradasmurf/Puppy%20at%20Breeder/announce.jpg

OOOOOMG, Coco's Mom!!!!

That is the cutest thing I've EVER seen! You are very talented and so creative. cl*p

Oh, and I thoroughly enjoyed Coco's 6 mo BD pics. I just ordered that "cake" toy last night from Roxanne. :lol:

BarbMazz
19th March 2007, 11:35 PM

I think it's a wonderful idea! You may want to check with the shelter you have in mind to see what sorts of things they need most. You could list them on your invites if you wanted.

Darby's Mom
20th March 2007, 12:31 AM
You are certainly not the only "wierdo" out there! I threw a HUGE Birthday Bash for Darby last year (there were 16 dogs in my house, and not a single "mistake" or "argument"!!)!! I even had a customized cake done! We had "bobbing for biscuits" and other crazy games.... I even had party favor bags! It was one of the most ridiculous (& fun!) things I had ever done!
icon_whistling

Here are some pictures:

http://www.ckcsboard.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4875

Also, partway down the 1st page of the thread, I listed a bunch of good links to find dogie birthday stuff!

Julie S
20th March 2007, 12:34 AM
OMG, Darby's mom!!! What a fun party!! You guys are giving me so many fun ideas. ;)

Darby's Mom
20th March 2007, 12:37 AM
Also, partway down page one of the thread (in addition to the fun birthday stuff links), Rory's mom (Kendall) posted a fabulous photo album link to pics she took that day (if you want to see more of the insanity!)! :lol:

KingstonsMom
20th March 2007, 01:29 AM
Wow, you guys have such amazing ideas! I'm getting even more excited now. :D

Coco's Mom, those announcements are more beautiful than anything you can find in a store. You should have a card-making business!

Cathy T
20th March 2007, 01:54 AM
Coco's mom..those cards are adorable!! Isn't is great to be in a place where you talk about all the great things we want to do for our dogs....and people don't think we're weird because of it?!! :lol:

lindsey
20th March 2007, 03:45 AM
oh that sounds like so much fun!! A few of my friends have thrown parties for their dogs and the parties have always been TONS of fun for the dogs and people! Let us know how it goes!

KingstonsMom
22nd March 2007, 11:46 PM
Do you guys think doggie birthday hats would actually work? I know they sell them but I have a feeling Kingston would just pull his off. How do they attach to the dogs' heads? Anybody know?