• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Outgrew the Harness

IzzieBell&MommyBell

Izzie is 8 months, just shy of 16 lbs, and blenheim in color. She had the nerve to outgrow her medium dear dog harness and so now I'm looking to buy a new one. I'm hoping that she will top out at 18lbs (please advise if my hopes are in vain) and am looking at medium puppias (going from a 10 inch neck on the dear dog to an 11.5 inch neck on the puppia).

First, do you think that this would be the right size. Next, does anyone have a picture of their blenheim in a soft purple puppia or a pink puppia?

Choosing colors is harder than picking sizes for me!

Thannks!

My 18.5 lb. (12 mo.) blen wears a medium puppia--her neck is about 12.5 inches (wears a 14" collar), and she wears a 16" long coat (the measurement from the neck to just above the tail). (When she was a week or so shy of 8 months she weighed 15 pounds, btw.)

She and her brother have matching navy medium Puppias, so I'm sorry I don't have the right photo for you, but I feel as if I've seen an avatar here with a blen in a pink Puppia...but maybe I'm making that up!

Not a good photo but this is Cody in her medium sized pink puppia, Cody is about 23/24 lbs.

100_1073.jpg

Here is Lily in a medium pink. She is 7 mos and weighs 13.4 lbs. She still has plenty of room in the medium in the body and chest, but the hole for the head could not be any smaller. Depending on how big your dog's head is, she may need a large. You could order both and send back the one that doesn't fit.
365104199_06945475a5.jpg

324271579_e8c35e979e.jpg

324271574_c57eb134d1.jpg

Shelby at 18 lbs and Jake at 20 lbs both wear a large harness. It has more to do with their head size though icon_whistling I couldn't get a medium over their big old heads so a large fits perfect.

I just measured the opening in the med and it is a little over 6 inches pulled taunt. Lily's head measured about 5" and probably add another inch for her ears. So you can see there is not much room fro it to go over her head. The medium just fits over her head and I have to pull it over her ears. Hope this helps.

I agree about the head issue being something to watch out for. Both of mine wear the medium, but it's more of a job to get Pepper's off over his head/ears than it is Milly's, even though once it's on it fits him perfectly. I've actually been debating whether I should move him up a size, but then I'm worried that it'll be too loose otherwise.

OMG! Shay, Lilly is soooo sweet! What a looker---love her pink puppias!

I purchased a medium bright green and another medium pink for Katydid.....put the green one on her for St. Pat's Day....she still can't wear it-TOO BIG!
She is in her pink puppia ....same one since I brought her home at 11 weeks and 4 plus pounds!
:roll:
She is now over 9 months old....
I would guess that she weighs about 10 plus pounds now....
I'd like her in the medium size puppias so that she and Teddy can 'share' and I can buy one in every color ;) !

Nancy
Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

Oh Thanks so much Nancy, we love the little wiggle butt. I think Lily is probably going to be about 16 or 17 lbs when she's grown. She grew really fast and then stopped. She doesn't seem to be growing at all now. My Hubby doesn't think she is going to get any bigger, but I know they grow until a year old. I think she has been about the 13.4 lbs for a couple of months now. She is long and skinny to me. My Mother thinks she is too skinny...LOL. The medium puppia is really big on her body, but she needs it for her head. BYW...I just love the name Katydid, where did you find that name? Your babies are just precious too!! :flwr:

Katydid

Hi Shay!
I teach kindergarten and every spring we study insects...I feel like I could be an entomologist by now ...we've done it for sooo long!
There is a beautiful green insect called the Katydid....I also think
Steely-Dan had a Katydid on one of their albums...Katy Lied. Yeah, I am OUT there!
So....she is named after an insect but I like to say "KATY DID WHAT???"

Enjoy your sweet Lilly! She is beautiful!
Are these dogs not the best???? ;)

Nancy
Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

That is what I thought. Being raised in the south, when we were little and being outside at night in the summer, we would hear them. My Mother would always say, oh, there go the Katydids. I have never really seen one, just heard them....LOL. I have always liked the way it rolls off the tongue. What a great name (y)

And to answer your question, I have never known the love of a dog the way I love this little girl and she loves us. I have loved all of my dogs, but there is just something special about these little things. Almost a human quality.

Puppia sizes, Tucker wears a medium but I cannot imagine the neck opening fitting him if he gains any weight. He only weighs about 14 - 15 pounds. I didn't think his head was that large but as it is when I take the puppia off, his ears are pulled forward over his face, lol it's kinda funny. (I'm gentle.)

Shay, I love those pictures of Lily. How come you haven't posted them in the gallery, or have you and I missed them? She's adorable.

Hi Jo....I know what you mean about the ears. Poor little Lily's ears are pulled straight up over her head when I take it off. Thanks for the compliment on Lily. Hubby is always taking pics of her. I've got so many, I guess I need to post some new ones in the gallery.

Back