• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

what is the best car seat?

Battie4

Hello

I was just wondering if anyone had one of those car seats that they absolutely love? The main one I see online is the buddy lookout car seat, but one of the problems that I have with that seat is that it seems kind of high and if I brake all of a sudden then the dog will fall off of it.

I saw that petsmart had the Outward Hound Car Booster Seat. thats kind of the one I am leaning towards but if someone has a better one they are using or tha tthey know of please let me know thank you!!

Here is a link to the outward hound seat
http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...1174397255055&itemNo=11&In=Dog&N=2032883&Ne=2

IMHO, I prefer the one that Roxanne carries on her site... i think it might be the buddy lookout, correct me Roxanne if I am wrong.

The one in the link you provided looks like it may not hold well and be easy for the dog to chew up. But, if you do get one, let us know how you like it, I may be completely wrong.

Trevor and I are currently "shopping" for Cicero a lookout car seat... right now he is just in either his travel kennel or Celltei.

I perfer the seat belt harness... because they still get to lay down if they want to...not sit in the same postion all the time

Kingofthehouse86 said:
I perfer the seat belt harness... because they still get to lay down if they want to...not sit in the same postion all the time

I have an RAC one which works brilliantly. I like the fact he can't see out of hte window as he's so excitable!! icon_whistling

Lucky has the Lookout - it is fabulous and he loves it.

I love it because he doesn't wimper a bit in the car. He's a happy camper now on car trips. :flwr:

for people who have the lookout if you brake all of a sudden will the dog fall out of the lookout cause the lookout is fairly high.

I try not to brake too suddenly, but I've had it for a couple of months now and no issues. I take Lucky on trips pretty often now that I have the look-out.

I have the Oversized lookout, and he mostly just sleeps. He's strapped in so he does move around and is safe if you have to stop.

Here's my post about when it came - later in the post I put some pics of how the lookout gets strapped in. Maybe that will help you.

http://cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7540&highlight=luckys+lookout

lani thanks for the link to the previous post. I think I finally see. So if you use the lookout the dog has to be harnessed as well right? You said that you would have rather bought the lookout instead of the lookout 2 is that purely because of the crawer? iS there any difference between the lookout and the lookout 2?

also is it okay to put a dog car seat in the front passenger seat if the front passenger seat airbag is turned off?

Battie4, you don't have to worry about your dog falling out of the seat because she'll be strapped in by the seatbelt (the harness attaches to it). I recently ordered the regular-sized Lookout. I haven't gotten it yet but I'm super excited. By the way, I'm using the Outward Hound carseat from Petsmart right now. It's much cheaper than the Lookout, but definitely not as good quality and it doesn't strap in with the seatbelt (so not as safe for doggies). The Outward Hound seat has a bunch of straps that go around the back of the seat and snap together. It's SO hard to get in and out of my car, and you have to put it in a seat that has a headrest. It won't work in a backseat meant for three people b/c the straps have to go around the seat. Hope that makes sense.

If you're looking for something inexpensive, or if you don't drive with your dog very much, go for the Outward Hound. If you want something that is easier to deal with and of nicer quality, go with the Lookout.

My car has a sensor in the passenger's seat that measures the amount of weight on the seat, if there is something there that isn't heavy enough, it automatically turns off. But, I still never put my dog up front, especially if we are going to put him in a lookout carseat, I don't want him going through the windshield if something were to fail.

Back