• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Nearly two years in and we get a leg lift....

duncans_ma

Duncan has done it...my little boy finally lifted his leg on a post in a parking garage the other day....Hubby is so proud and I am just dreading Arthur picking up on it. Artie will surely be my pup that loses his balance and pees all over himself.

What a milestone....

Karlin said:
:lol: :lol:
Your husband should have demonstrated for him! :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Our dalmatian was about 8 mos. old when he lifted his leg for the first time. He was on a small hill and the lifted leg was on the upside. Yup, you guessed it...he lost his balance and rolled all the way down the hill. He didn't lift his leg again for over a year. :badgrin: :badgrin:

molly said:
Our dalmatian was about 8 mos. old when he lifted his leg for the first time. He was on a small hill and the lifted leg was on the upside. Yup, you guessed it...he lost his balance and rolled all the way down the hill. He didn't lift his leg again for over a year. :badgrin: :badgrin:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Awww Ashley your little boy is finally growing up! :flwr:

Kosmo has been banned from lifting his leg on walks more than a few times.

He made me so mad the other morning!! He went #2 and I had a bag of Faith's "goodies" in my hand.. so I went to pick his up and I did and then I couldn't for the life of me find her bag.. turned around.. and guess who was "marking" Faith's poop bag?! :oops: :sl*p: I wanted to kill him as I didn't have another bag and I picked it up and it was dripping EVERYWHERE - including all over him and Faith! :yikes

I was wondering about that, our boy dog growing up always lifted, so I assumed they all did until I saw our friends dog out here, and he squatted. I never realized it's something they have to learn. Do most learn it eventually, or do they squat forever?

My hubby is going to be so jealous or Golden Griffin is a year and helf and still squats like a female! ;)

Raises glass in honour of the big boys who cock their legs.
drinking_cheers.gif

I hate to tell you this Lenee but by the look he has in your avatar, I would check the leg of that chair he is on!

He has the sweetest little "Who Moi???" face!

Bronte said:
My hubby is going to be so jealous or Golden Griffin is a year and helf and still squats like a female! ;)

You're not alone--so does Wrigley. I don't think he'll ever lift his leg.

Not sure I want him to, either... :yikes

I thought it had something to do with being neutered at or before six months of age...

That's funny...on the flip side, my mom's female beagle is almost 5 and has this obnoxious habit of lifting her leg to pee on just about EVERYTHING and then kicking back the grass or dirt with her hind paws as to cover her tracks and 'mark her spot.' We think she developed this habit as a puppy when she was walked alongside their other male dog who did this. I think she thinks its normal! ;)

Congratulations Duncan :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :w**h**:

What a wee man you are, Dudley still squats in the backyard but he has to tell the world he is a man on walks.

I have even seen the wee red head lift his leg a couple of times, but nothing serious yet. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Well done Duncan :w**h**:

I have got a long wait for Harvey to lift his leg then :lol: :lol:

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

Back