• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from MN

Azriel

Hello-
I am new here and just want to say hi to everyone. HI!!! I do not yet have a cavlier but I am looking into the breed and will be getting one in 2-4 years (if everything goes according to plan). I have a few questions that maybe some of you can help out with.

I am a bit confused about the color genetics... one of my books explains the dominance between black and tan vs ruby and between whole color and particolor, but a review of the book stated that the author got the color genetics wrong but never explained what was wrong. Then I also found out their are other colors that are not recognized by the breed standard and that just throws another wrench in the works. I saw the link to the french site, but I am a bit confused and don't know french. Could anyone break it down for me. I am actually a genetics major so I know a bit about genetics aand all but am just not familiar with the alleles and such that are particular to the breed.

Also, I am located in the Twin Cities, MN area and when I eventually get my pup, I am hoping to get a dog out of British lines, either direct from Britain or first generation USA out of British parents. Does anyone here have experience with getting dogs from other countries, or advice that may be helpful. Thanks so much in advance.

I can't help you on your questions but just wanted to say welcome! I live in San Diego now, but I moved here from the Twin Cities a little over a year ago. Love it!

too bad for you.... you missed all the snow this winter. heehee. let me tell you, shoveling is FUN!!!! j/k my sister migrated to LA a few years ago and swears nothing will make her move back to our weather here. hhhmmmm, i wonder why? heehee. you are getting a pup soon? good luck, i am sooo jealous. i can't wait until i get my boy, but it'll be a few years. gggrrr! well, better to wait til im ready than to regret not having the time i wnat to spend with him right?

I know, I definitely don't miss the snow that's for sure :lol: I think 50 degrees is cold now, imagine that :)

Even though its a few years out for you, I would definitely read all the posts and topics on 'how to choose a breeder' etc and get as much information as you can about the breed. There's a really good breeder in MN who is on this forum who I am sure will be able to provide a lot of information.

Best of luck!

Back