• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Huey is sick!

Donald Duck

I know we've been missing for a while but Huey has been sick so we've been preoccupied :(

I'm sure most of you have heard about all of the dog food recalls in the US lately so let me preface this by saying that we do NOT feed him ANY of the suspect foods. Huey eats Natural Balance food roll with Solid Gold "Just a Wee Bit" kibble.

About 2 weeks ago he suddenly stopped eating and drinking entirely. He got extremely lethargic, listless and seemed almost depressed. We took him to the vet where they immediately got an IV in him as he was clearly dehydrated. We left him there for most of the day and they did x-rays and blood tests all of which came out normal. He seemed to get better so they concluded that it must have been something he ate (Huey loves to eat dirt and grass). They put him on a bland food diet sending him home with us. By the next day he was totally fine.

This past Monday night Huey did great! He played with my husband until 10 PM and we did about 30 minutes training with him. He ate and drank like normal and in the middle of the night started throwing up again. I was sick also so I ended up staying home from work with him that Tuesday. I called the vet who said to keep an eye on him and call if he went downhill. As time wore on he got more and more lethargic and again stopped eating and drinking entirely.

We got him back to the vet where they gave him some medicine for an upset stomach, a shot of subcutaneous liquid to prevent dehydration and sent him home, again thinking it was something he ate. But he hasn't gotten any better. Still throwing up, not eating and now he has almost no energy, no spark. It brings me to tears to watch him.

We're bringing him back tomorrow again for some more tests. The vet thinks that he may have Addison's disease. We won't know for sure until we get the results. I'm trying to keep it together but this is so hard, Huey is like my child!

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

All the other Huey fans out here probably have a knot in their tummy like I do. I sure hope things turn out well.

KC

Another big Huey fan here. Yes, please keep us updated, I hope he is feeling better soon. Fingers, Legs everything crossed, and this is for you :hug: sounds like you need one.

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

i'm so sorry to hear this. i know you must feel so helpless and worried.
i hope he'll be ok.

alfs been ill as well its a virus going around here same symptoms as youself.took him to the vet on antibiotics and pro biotic as well.anyway its the first day today hes been ok so alls well asked the vet about the food recall its wasnt the food.royal canine ok at the min. so thank god. hope huey gets better I LOVE HUEY.BIG KISSES TO HIM. MY HUBBY LOVES PICS OF HIM.HE LOOKS SO WILD.

I'm really sorry Huey isn't feeling well. I hope you're able to quickly find out what's ailing him. Spencer sends him a big hug.

Poor Huey. It is always horrible when the first vet visit doesn't resolve the problem. I hope he is feeling better soon.

You must be wiped - that is a long time to worry with no clear answers (no wonder you also got sick). I hope you get to the bottom of it at your visit tomorrow and Huey can get some medication that brings him more energy! Good luck tomorrow.

So sorry to hear that Huey is not well.

Fingers crossed that you get it sorted, quickly.

Hugs to yourself and Huey! :hug: :hug: :flwr:

:( :( :( :( Huey, you are breaking everyone's hearts. We are big Huey fans in our household. Please get to feeling better soon. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Poor little baby. I hope you get some answers soon and Huey is back to normal. It's so hard when they are sick. Wishing you good news. :flwr:

Oh My goodness I am so sorry to heart this!!! As you know I am also a huge Huey fan! I hope things get better soon.

I truely hope if it is something like Addison's disease your vet is taking this seriously and is running tests ASAP. I don't mean to scare you but as you know it's serious and the sooner you know for sure then the better. Then Little Huey can start feeling better. Please keep us posted on Huey's progress.

If Huey is not drinking you might want to think about getting a syringe and putting a little bit of water down him every so often. That can at least help to keep him semi-hydrated.

Good luck and I'm hoping for a quick and simple solution! :flwr:

All the other Huey fans out here probably have a knot in their tummy like I do. I sure hope things turn out well.

My sentiments exactly! Huge Huey fan here. Hopefully you wil get some answers soon and get back on track. Praying for a speedy answer and recovery.

I hope Huey feels better soon! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Carefully check your house and yard to see if he's getting into something he shouldn't! :flwr:

Back