PDA

View Full Version : Menu Pet Foods Reimbursement Petition

arasara
24th March 2007, 01:29 AM
As a lot of you know Faith has eaten several cans of "recalled" nutro natural choice canned puppy food. On recommendation from the ontario veterinary association I decided to take her into the vet tonight and get a blood collection taken.. She needed to get her kidney functioning tested to ensure that she was not affected by tainted food. The vet consultation was $63 - the blood collection was $25 and the kidney test was $80. So we're looking at $180 just for their mistake!

Please take a minute to sign this petition asking for menu foods to reimburse people for this awful event:

http://www.petitiononline.com/menupay/petition.html

Without reimbursement I will probably be joining in on a Toronto based class action lawsuit against the company for their negligence. I feel cheated - how dare they mess up the food and then not pay for their mistake@!! icon_devil

Joanne M
24th March 2007, 03:11 AM
I signed.

enchantingdragon
24th March 2007, 03:37 AM
I signed as well I hope lil Faith is ok

Molly's mom
24th March 2007, 03:47 AM
Count me in..

Gracie's Mommy
24th March 2007, 03:57 AM
Sara,

I signed! My parents feed their cat Special Kitty brand canned food and my grandparents feed their dog Ol'Roy canned. Neither had cans that were specifically part of the recall, but just as easily could have been. It's so scary! I'm so glad that you took faith to the vet to get her checked just to be sure. I know that must bring you such peace of mind...and, since Menu Foods is CLEARLY at fault here, they should certainly be reimbursing pet owners! I'm with you 100%!

Lindsay

Remali
24th March 2007, 04:27 AM
I signed the petition, and had some of my friends sign too!!

moniechris
24th March 2007, 05:23 AM
Totally at your back Sara. Let me know what else I can do!!!

chestersmum
24th March 2007, 06:37 AM
Count me in too. Hope Faith will be ok.

Caraline
24th March 2007, 09:49 AM
A signature from Down Under, for what it is worth.

coconut
24th March 2007, 10:17 AM
i signed! i think it is madness!

Joanne M
24th March 2007, 12:10 PM
Sara on my local tv news this morning they showed a clip of a Menu Foods Spokesman saying his company would reimburse petowners for medical expenses. Here's a link to their website, though I do not see in this article anything about reimbursement, I'll post this link in case it is at all useful to you.

http://wbztv.com/topstories/topstories_story_082111602.html

*Pauline*
24th March 2007, 02:16 PM
I signed, I hope little Faith is ok. You must be so worried. :hug:

Lenee
24th March 2007, 05:50 PM
I signed. I hope little Faith is ok and you get good news on her test results. I purchased a can of Nutro Natural myself but thank goodness didn't open it. I hate to think what that poison could do to a little pup!

Bronte
24th March 2007, 07:55 PM
I signed.

Please keep us updated on Faith.

Lani
24th March 2007, 07:59 PM
from Menu foods site:

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/FAQ_Consumer.htm

Says if they are the cause of sickness or death they will take responsibility - not sure if it turns out (as we hope it does) that Faith is okay what they will do. But I thought this might be useful to you Sara.

Shay
26th March 2007, 03:45 AM
Done.....Please let is know the results as soon as Faith's test comes back.