PDA

View Full Version : A Tri and a B/T in Virginia

molly
24th March 2007, 05:58 PM
There are 2 cavaliers in kennels awaiting foster or forever homes.

Can anyone in the Virginia/washington area help these two? You can review the individual dogs by clicking on them.

http://www.cockerspanielrescue.com/dogs/dogsfoster.php

molly
25th March 2007, 04:37 PM
Looks like Sonya found a home but Butch, the B/T is still in a kennel waiting for a foster or forever home!

IzzieBell&MommyBell
26th March 2007, 03:15 AM
I emailed about meeting Butch as I live in VA and am hoping to add another Cav to my family before June. It seems that he has a family who'll be adopting him so long as their scheduled home visit goes well.

IzzieBell&MommyBell
26th March 2007, 04:41 AM
This same rescue has another Cavalier- posted today- also with an application. Does anyone know the people who run this resue, or any more information?

Spencer'sMom
26th March 2007, 12:08 PM
Mommy Bell- they are a great rescue. OBG has been around at least 7 or 8 years and actually the first rescue (other than a shelter) I'd ever heard of. It says the Cavaliers were found abandoned along with one of the cockers they have.

Karlin
26th March 2007, 02:23 PM
They look like a great rescue -- really give time and space to older and special needs dogs. :)

enchantingdragon
26th March 2007, 07:50 PM
Awww look at all those cute doggies. I hope they all find loving homes soon :flwr:

ppotterfield
26th March 2007, 08:18 PM
I had some dealings with OBG Cocker Spaniel Resuce a couple years ago when we were looking for a small dog. We ended up getting Buddy, our Blenheim CKCS, directly from a breeder, but we considered rescue and look at Cavaliers and at Cocker Spaniels. From my investigation OBG Cocker Spaniel Rescue was one of the rescues in my area (albeit 350 miles away) with not just a good but an excellent reputation. I actually inquired about several of their dogs and was impressed by the thoughtfulness of their fosters. One of the other things I like about them is that they will take dogs that are not Cockers that someone might have mistaken for a cocker and help those dogs along their way as well.

Sydney
27th March 2007, 09:21 PM
Ruby and Sydney here,

What a coincidence. Mom and Dad took us to a Pet Expo this last weekend here in Virginia and this rescue group, OBG, had an information booth. Since it involved Cocker Spaniels, Mom and Dad didn't pay much attention until they came out and introduced themselves. They said Sydney looked a lot like a Cavalier they just adopted out. They also said they were going to pick up two more Cavaliers that afternoon (Saturday). Mom and Dad gave them their names and phone numbers and offered to help place them or even foster them if needed. Not sure what the status is as of today, but we'll try to keep everyone informed. If any of you know of Cavaliers needing rescue here in Virginia, drop Ruby and I a note and our Mom and Dad will help.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia :paw: