• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Why do Cavaliers get this???

Jenny37

I don't even know what to call it. But its the dark shading that they get under their nose.

Obviously its more noticeable on the blenheim and tris due to their coloring.

But why do they get it? Is it like a birthmark?

Do all cavaliers get them?

I'll have to look at Wallis again, but I don't think she has any dark shading under her nose. Or maybe she did and it has turned gray w/age and merged with the white! :D

What I thought was Tibby's (ruby) "milk mouth" has turned out to be part milk mouth, part gray hair.

I am wondering if you are talking about the pigmentation ? or maybe freckles ?

Either way can't tell you why they get it sorry.

Lots of dogs with white fur on their faces would have darker marks as well in areas like the face and mouth. Just normal variation in markings.

I had to "inspect" Wallis. She does have a bit of dark pigmentation below her nose - kind of like the color kind of "ran" off her nose while it was being painted!

I've always found Joly's splodge attractive, because it makes his nose look larger and heart-shaped.

Img_0152.jpg

Yes, those pictures are great!!!!

I just wondered if this was just a blenheim cavalier thing. Some have big smudges, others have small ones, some have heart shaped ones and others have none.

I was not really trying to make the above sound like a poem!!! LOL Just general curiosity!

Pepper, who is Ruby, has what looks like a little black mustache, and Milly has a slight bit of darkness there but it's not as noticeable somehow (even though her fur is white there). Strange.

Maxx is a tri and he's got this marking too - i agree with Barbara, I think it makes their noses look like little hearts :l*v:

Gorgeous pic of Joly looking all snuggly there btw Barbara.

Back