PDA

View Full Version : Where does your Cav sleep?

Pavane
27th March 2007, 03:54 PM
Fess up!

How many Cavs spend all night in your bed?

Gracie's Mommy
27th March 2007, 03:56 PM
Guilty as charged! :lol:

arasara
27th March 2007, 04:02 PM
Add 2 for me!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I could never imagine my life without little babies in my bed :lotsaluv:

casshon
27th March 2007, 04:08 PM
Still house training in my casa so Molly + Bella are in their crate. Honey sleeps in her own bed.

WoodHaven
27th March 2007, 04:10 PM
Half in crates-- half in the beds

misty
27th March 2007, 04:18 PM
Bradley - on the bed, all night.

Cailean - on the bed when he gets cold.

The other 2 use a basket and crate.

jill
27th March 2007, 04:21 PM
max sleeps in his crate right next to our bed until my fiance gets up for work.... then he spends the last hour in bed with me, under the covers by my feet... :roll:

coconut
27th March 2007, 04:27 PM
one in the kitchen in his bed and the other in his bed in the sitting room!

enchantingdragon
27th March 2007, 04:36 PM
She starts in the crate and some how ends up in the bed in the middle of the night ;) I dont know who has been letting her out at night when they go to the bathroom icon_whistling

WoodHaven
27th March 2007, 04:41 PM
I saw the coolest thing. IT was a set of stairs that became a raised dog bed --- this is hard to explain. It was a dog bed and stairs that is RIGHT next to the bed. Same level as the bed-- it also had storage under the dog bed. It was about 1000 dollars-- but really cool and that way the dogs could have their own bed- but be right next to you.

casshon
27th March 2007, 04:45 PM
Does it have sound proofing for the snoring? ;)

WoodHaven
27th March 2007, 04:48 PM
Does it have sound proofing for the snoring? ;)

lololololololololol ;)

nursejess80
27th March 2007, 05:03 PM
Ruby starts out in the crate, but she has to go potty once at night, anywhere from 1:30 to 4:30. After that, there's no getting back in the crate if we want any sleep. She's playful for a few minutes and then she settles either against me, against my husband, or recently, under the covers. He found her under them at the foot of the bed yesterday.

brid kenny
On the landing with a baby gate at my door.

GudrunTheRed
max sleeps in his crate right next to our bed until my fiance gets up for work.... then he spends the last hour in bed with me, under the covers by my feet... :roll:
We do the same thing with Chester. I love my hour of private alone time with my favorite furry man!

Joanne M
27th March 2007, 05:11 PM
Just me and Tucker in my bed :) We fight over my 2nd pillow.

Barbara Nixon
27th March 2007, 05:20 PM
Joly by my side or on my pillow, Monty at my feet, Teddy in his crate. izzy slept on the flooruntil david went to work, then jumped up.

Maxxs_Mummy
27th March 2007, 05:31 PM
Maxx has his own doggie duvets, one either side of the bed but he's up on the bed before Daddy comes up and when he gets up in the morning. His choice, not ours as he is free to sleep where he wants.

Charlie sleeps in his bed in the kitchen until Daddy gets up in the morning and then he comes up to Mamma for a cuddle. He can't spend the night in the bedroom as he still wees in the house, he is getting better at connecting the outside door and going through it for wee wees though :lol:

murphy's mum
27th March 2007, 05:47 PM
My O/H and I have to fight Murphy for the pillows on the bed :lol:

While he was toilet training he slept downstairs in the kitchen, but with his cute face it wasn't long till he was upstairs

Justine
27th March 2007, 05:51 PM
most of the time in the utility room,but the other nite with me and ella as she was sick and wanted him with her,he was good till 4 am and started growling and barking at his own reflection in the window.idiot.so i then took him to wees and bought him back up.then he decided ella had a dirty bottom and woke me washing her.

duncans_ma
27th March 2007, 06:05 PM
Two dogs in the bed here.

Duncan lays from my ankle to my hip, all stretched out and Arthur is in a ball at my hip/waist. A wall in between me and hubby....but I love it anyway.

*Pauline*
27th March 2007, 06:10 PM
In his crate in the lounge. :D

arasara
27th March 2007, 06:13 PM
Two dogs in the bed here.

Duncan lays from my ankle to my hip, all stretched out and Arthur is in a ball at my hip/waist. A wall in between me and hubby....but I love it anyway.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has to fight the "cavalier wall" to get a cuddle in with my other half! :lol:

Kodee
27th March 2007, 06:15 PM
Everyone told me she wouldnt sleep in a crate in the kitchen when she first got here to put the crate in the bedroom. HA! She did from day 1, never an accident, never a whine. I just give her a piece of cheese and she climbs in and watches me make the coffee for morning. When she is older and can climb the stair I dont mind her getting on it if i'm watching tv up there - but she will not EVER sleep there. I am a light sleeper and dont need another snoring body to keep me up!

Spencer'sMom
27th March 2007, 06:18 PM
In my bed, on my pillow. He usually gives me a whopping three square inch spot.

moniechris
27th March 2007, 06:59 PM
Zoey started out in the crate, but my hubby is a big softy (even though he has allergies and refuses to let any of the other cavies sleep in the bed) but guess where she is now? :lol:

Every night he steals her from my lap as I am watching tv and sneaks her under the covers. She sleeps across my neck. :roll:

Stewie sleeps at the foot of the bed

Cody and Wesley are in the crate.

Darby's Mom
27th March 2007, 08:08 PM
Yep! Another guilty one here! :D
Darby always sleeps in the crook of my left arm, with her head on my neck (that was hubby's "rule" - she can sleep in bed, so as long as she stays on my side of the bed :roll: )... it's absolutely wonderful until she starts snoring!!!! :shock: It's amazing the noise that can come out of such a sweet dainty little dog! :lol:

merlinsmum
27th March 2007, 08:29 PM
Guilty here too - although if its too warm - you'll find Merls downstairs where it is cooler. Come 6 am he is on the bed snuggled underneath at the bottom of the bed ( thats after he has done his huff and puff til you move the covers so I can jump!)

Oakley, will hop on and off the bed - we have a king size duvet folded up at the side of the bed that Oakley has made his own so he will sleep most of the night there but move in the night and you lose! He likes to aquire the warm spots :D If you haven't moved abut 6 am when Merlin gets on the bed he is there too - on your head or neck trying to suffocate you so you can't go to that bad place called work!

arasara
27th March 2007, 08:30 PM
You know I think I can live with the snoring..

It's when they stick their rear in your face and give you a nice surprise that gets me! :grnyuk: :rotfl:

BarbMazz
27th March 2007, 08:40 PM
Bentley is curled up next to me all night. :lotsaluv:

Clancy starts on the bed. Then, he gets down when he's too warm. Then, he's lonely and he gets back up. Oops! Too warm! Back down. Hmm, I'm chilly, Back up! Starting to notice a pattern? ;)

Then, of course, there's Maggie who sleeps on my pillow above my head, and Ozzy who likes to S P R A W L out across the bottom of the bed.. who cares about mom and dad's legs! :sl*p:

Remali
27th March 2007, 08:54 PM
My two always sleep on my bed with me, I can't sleep without 'em, LOL! Bailey, my toy Poodle likes to curl up near my legs on my left side, and Bentley likes to snuggle with me for a while, then he prefers to sleep near my feet.

When I was sick last week, Bentley kept coming up next to me and laying his head on the pillow next to me, he was so worried about me! He beats chicken soup for sure!

:D

Mom_of_2_Cavies
27th March 2007, 08:59 PM
In their crates next to our bed.

I fully expect this to change as they get older, but at this age I'm enforcing it (against their better judgment).

KimNIndy
27th March 2007, 09:16 PM
Quote:
max sleeps in his crate right next to our bed until my fiance gets up for work.... then he spends the last hour in bed with me, under the covers by my feet...

We do the same thing with Chester. I love my hour of private alone time with my favorite furry man!

same here---indy slept with us until about a month ago....he used to lie quietly but now he pushes under the covers and goes in and out every hour or so as he pleased. it just kept us up all night, so now it's beside us in his crate until an hour before we get up---i think we are all happier with that situation. when hubby works friday nights he usually gets spoiled with mommy time tho icon_whistling

k

WillowsMom
27th March 2007, 09:21 PM
Willow sleeps in her crate at the foot of our bed. We've started leaving the door of her crate open so she can wander around the room if she wants, but she hasn't decided to come into bed with us yet - she seems to think she can't jump on the bed (but we all know she could if she tried!). I expect one day I'll wake up to find her cuddling with us....

Krista

mishmosh
27th March 2007, 09:29 PM
in his dogbed in the kitchen with the door shut. There's no way in a million years, I would let him into the bedroom!!

Caraline
28th March 2007, 01:06 AM
Sam alternates between sleeping outside on the veranda or in the lounge room... always his choice. Scarlett alternates between sleeping on her trampoline in the lounge room or just in the doorway of my bedroom. While Sonny & Beau sleep in a large crate together in the lounge room.

I only allow the dogs on my bed of the morning that the sheets get changed. I can nee stand dog hair in my bed & on my pillow.

Karlin
28th March 2007, 01:13 AM

Do they rotate through or are some more priveleged? :lol:

Mine all sleep in or on the bed. :roll: Leo and Lily usually together and Jaspar in the morning is always there with his head on the pillow and body under the duvet. 8) I regularly think about putting some into a crate at night instead and maybe just allowing Jaspar on the bed as he moves around the least and also doesn't snore. Lily's snoring wakes me up several times a night so I can poke her back into silence -- which means I get better sleep when travelling (or wearing earplugs).

WoodHaven
28th March 2007, 01:23 AM

Do they rotate through or are some more priveleged? :lol:

Mine all sleep in or on the bed. :roll: Leo and Lily usually together and Jaspar in the morning is always there with his head on the pillow and body under the duvet. 8) I regularly think about putting some into a crate at night instead and maybe just allowing Jaspar on the bed as he moves around the least and also doesn't snore. Lily's snoring wakes me up several times a night so I can poke her back into silence -- which means I get better sleep when travelling (or wearing earplugs).

Some are more priveledged-- the pups CAN'T be trusted (at least not yet)-- the boys were invited and marked the bed and sat at the door. I opened the door and they ran to the crates. The girls give birth in my bedroom-- so they have to be comfortable there.

mhabca
28th March 2007, 03:33 AM
Mika goes to bed with my son and snuggles into his side. When I go to bed, I take her out for the last time and put her in her kennel beside my son's bed, where she stays until I get her up in the morning.

Once she is house trained, she will be allowed out of her kennel. I'd love her to sleep with me, but I imagine she will sleep with my son since that is what she is used to.

PamH
28th March 2007, 03:58 AM
With us. She likes to be right in the middle! Sometimes with her head on the pillow and under the covers. Sometimes curled up against my tummy.
A lot of times I find myself pushed over to the side. We have a king bed, but when hubby brings Maddy up to NH for the summer it is only a queen bed. We will have to see how that goes.
Pam

Gracie's Mommy
28th March 2007, 05:32 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has to fight the "cavalier wall" to get a cuddle in with my other half!

Oh no, Sara, you are definitely not the only one here! That is one of Gracie's favorite places-- right between Andy and me. She also likes the foot of the bed, but has discovered that can be a dangerous place as we both move around a lot. By the morning, she's usually migrating to my extra pillow just above my head with her head on my main pillow! She hasn't learned to share the pillow yet either... :badgrin: :roll:

PamH
28th March 2007, 06:23 AM
A friend of ours was horrified to hear that Maddy shared our bed. She said "she sleeps where?"

Super Princess
28th March 2007, 06:43 AM
olly's been a crate boy since we brought him home
but when i get the house to myself i sneek him onto my bed or at least in my room.
however for the past week..hes beens leeping in my room.
been absolutly fine every night butl astnight hwere he wanted out of my room at 4;30 am i said 'go to bed mommas not getting up yet' lol

Linda'nQuincy
28th March 2007, 07:09 AM
Mr. Q. has slept with us since he was about 5 months old. He usually sleeps between us, and is usually stretched out against one of us. If he gets cold he somehow ends up under the duvet with his cute little head on one of our pillows. He also likes sleeping with his head under one of our necks. I now have 2 snoring men in my bed, as my hubby has sleep apena and Quincy joins right in!

Kingofthehouse86
28th March 2007, 07:32 AM
King sleeps wit me...nobody else will he sleep in their bed...Sometimes my mom will take him in her bed in the morning til it's time for work. But he doesn't lay up next to her like wit me...

Chanel
28th March 2007, 08:13 AM
I got two in our bed. And my daughter got one. :oops:

/// Christina

chestersmum
28th March 2007, 11:18 AM
Another guilty one here!

Chester starts down near my feet and when i wake up in the morning, he's right next to me snuggled up in the pillows.

I think in the middle of the morning he gets cold so he snuggles up with his mummy!

Scouty girl
28th March 2007, 01:22 PM
I have a queen size bed and end up with less than half of it. Scout has been sleeping with me since she was five months old. She goes right to sleep never a problem. She starts out on or near the pillow on the other side of the bed, but ends up stretched out right next to me, touching me. If she was any closer she would be me!!! :lol:

emsley
28th March 2007, 01:58 PM
Yep, my two sleep with me :D
Toby sleeps under the quilt with his head on the pillow when he gets too warm, but right under and snuggled in tight to me when he is cold.
Chloe sleeps on top of the quilt, but always touching me. :flwr:

blue_star
28th March 2007, 02:33 PM
Toby sleeps down stairs on the sofa, I'm not allowed to have him upstairs by order of my nan.

The only time he does come up is when he needs the toilet in the middle of the night and he comes and wakes me up to let him out.

shell nyc
28th March 2007, 10:45 PM
Winston accidently started sleeping with me about 2 weeks after I got him. I fell asleep while petting and snuggling him one night and just never turned back! He usually starts out on the other side of the bed, but by the wee hours of the morning he is either snuggling next to me or sleeping on the pillows (head on neck, head on cheek, or completely curled around my head!) And god forbid I try to wake him up before 6:30a...my avatar picture was actually taken after I had an early wake-up, left him in bed while I showered, came back and he was still like "but Mom...it's so early!"

Super Princess
29th March 2007, 02:24 AM
olly's been a crate boy since we brought him home
but when i get the house to myself i sneek him onto my bed or at least in my room.
however for the past week..hes beens leeping in my room.
been absolutly fine every night butl astnight hwere he wanted out of my room at 4;30 am i said 'go to bed mommas not getting up yet' lol

giggles im quoting my own post because theres been an update.

that boy is not sleeping in my room again.

2:30 am!!!!!! gawddd ollie momma needs her sleep.

toblerone
29th March 2007, 02:55 AM
in our bed. we started out with our first dog dutifully crated at night. that ended at six months when we had my sister-in-law visit and we were worried about dog noises keeping her up. our second one was sick as a puppy, and he slept right next to us from day one! (and he often starts out under the covers down by my feet.) our third was a rescue and he seemed to think up by my head was just right. our fourth now sleeps on our pillows. but don't worry, we only have two now. but both continue the tradition of sleeping in our bed. they get up to be fed around 7 a.m. and then one of them rushes up to get back in bed with me while the puppy hangs around with my husband to see how his day gets started.

margaret

gramercy girl
29th March 2007, 02:56 AM
I saw the coolest thing. IT was a set of stairs that became a raised dog bed --- this is hard to explain. It was a dog bed and stairs that is RIGHT next to the bed. Same level as the bed-- it also had storage under the dog bed. It was about 1000 dollars-- but really cool and that way the dogs could have their own bed- but be right next to you.

you must've seen something like this???
http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?pf_id=42P6&dir_id=1633&group_id=10570&cat_id=10571&subcat_id=10572

(DH and I have been eyeing that!! he says he'll make one himself one day :lol: ...hmph, we'll see!)

Maggie's only been w/ us for 4 nights.... so far, she's been in the crate at night... but during the day, she takes tons of naps on the bed! she just loooves it!!

WoodHaven
29th March 2007, 03:04 AM
Growing up, the dog only came into the house during cold and extreme rain. I always wanted a dog to cuddle with as a child. Now I have a surfeit-- a dream come true.

WoodHaven
29th March 2007, 03:10 AM

you must've seen something like this???
http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?pf_id=42P6&dir_id=1633&group_id=10570&cat_id=10571&subcat_id=10572

(DH and I have been eyeing that!! he says he'll make one himself one day :lol: ...hmph, we'll see!)

Maggie's only been w/ us for 4 nights.... so far, she's been in the crate at night... but during the day, she takes tons of naps on the bed! she just loooves it!!

That is it!!! Hubby said I would be the one forced to sleep on the lil bed-lol

shell nyc
29th March 2007, 03:15 AM

And that's how we started! I happened to fall asleep with him and realized he made it through the night without a problem. He seems to have learned quite early on the bed is HIS bed and it's as good or better than being in his crate as far as no pooping/peeing is concerned.

lorin
29th March 2007, 04:11 AM
Double guilty....

Isabella starts up between our heads and then moves to the end of the bed when she gets too warm. We have to keep the bedroom cool or she has to get up in the middle of the night and go outside.

Abby curls up in my armpit and snores like a bandsaw....

Pete

huesiemama
29th March 2007, 05:21 AM
Well Ariel sleeps in her crate at night. But she runs right in when I tell her it's time to go in her bed.
Reason 1: I am sure her being in my bedding would play holy heck with my allergies :*gh: ;
2: My greyhound James would never forgive me :cry*ing: ! (But honestly, there is just enough room for 2 adults comfortably in our bed. If the 2 human kids come in too, fugeddaboudit!)
3: We had some potty & kid toy stealing issues to start out, and find it's easier if we keep doggies out of that end of the house.

But those evenings I doze of on the couch watching tv or playing on my computer :cffee:, she curls right up, so we do get some sleepy cuddle time occasionally!

huesiemama
29th March 2007, 05:21 AM
Well Ariel sleeps in her crate at night. But she runs right in when I tell her it's time to go in her bed.
Reason 1: I am sure her being in my bedding would play holy heck with my allergies :*gh: ;
2: My greyhound James would never forgive me :cry*ing: ! (But honestly, there is just enough room for 2 adults comfortably in our bed. If the 2 human kids come in too, fugeddaboudit!)
3: We had some potty & kid toy stealing issues to start out, and find it's easier if we keep doggies out of that end of the house.

But those evenings I doze of on the couch watching tv or playing on my computer :cffee:, she curls right up, so we do get some sleepy cuddle time occasionally!

Flynn
29th March 2007, 08:26 AM
On our bed. He hasn't even allowed upstairs when we first got him LOL but now he sleeps on our bed taking up most of the room snoring away like made :D

katc10
29th March 2007, 09:42 AM
Indy sleeps on the bed, and for now Charlie sleeps in his crate until he earns on-the=bed privileges. ;)

paulio99
29th March 2007, 12:13 PM
Marlon sleeps under the stairs with a babygate stopping him coming up the stairs in the night.

I get up at 6.30am to let him out for a toilet and then sprints upstairs to get in the bed for cuddles !

There he stays until its time to get up !

In the week he gets taken to the day carers (my partners parents) and when he gets there he jumps straight in there bed !

I always try and put him in his bed at night whilst he is asleep as I cant bare those eyes looking at me whilst I leave him for his sleep.

He has slept upstairs all night twice and he hated it both times !

pippa
29th March 2007, 12:49 PM
My two sleep in their bed, in the kitchen, behind a pen, all night but as soon as breakfast is given at 7am it's up to our bed until I get up or on sundays until hubby and I get up. If we try to cuddle they join in!

I did try leaving them to come up the stairs if they wanted but Gus preferred his own bed and Pippin was up and down every hour or half hour so I reintoduced the pen as he seems to know that means sleep until morning!

angie
29th March 2007, 12:56 PM
bean bag in the kitchen then up for cuddle on a sunday morning with my cuppa. shame hes not trained to make that too but i suppose thats what the hubby is for :lol: :lol:

Donald Duck
30th March 2007, 05:45 AM
Huey usually sleeps either above my head, above my husband's head or smack dab in between the two of us!

Kodee
30th March 2007, 07:44 AM
The only time he does come up is when he needs the toilet in the middle of the night and he comes and wakes me up to let him out.
I had visions of him using your toilet :shock: since you said he needs the toilet instead of to toilet

Kodee
30th March 2007, 07:46 AM
... suppose thats what the hubby is for :lol: :lol:
Now after 25 yrs marriage someone explains what they're for :sl*p:

momay
30th March 2007, 03:58 PM
Sofee falls asleep on my husband's lap in the reclining chair in the late evening, then around 2:00am he gets up and puts her in her crate in our bedroom when he comes to bed. I get her up at 5:30 and she joins us in bed until 6:30.
Crazy! You'd think the poor thing would be so confused, but she is really used to it. icon_whistling

molly
30th March 2007, 04:36 PM
... suppose thats what the hubby is for :lol: :lol:
Now after 25 yrs marriage someone explains what they're for :sl*p:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Kodee
30th March 2007, 06:15 PM
Sofee falls asleep on my husband's lap in the reclining chair in the late evening, then around 2:00am he gets up and puts her in her crate in our bedroom when he comes to bed. I get her up at 5:30 and she joins us in bed until 6:30.
Crazy! You'd think the poor thing would be so confused, but she is really used to it. icon_whistling
Ha! My husband falls asleep on the couch with her and then carries her to her crate about the same time - 2am. I keep saying, you'd better hope she stays small cause in about 3 mths explain to me how you are going to accomplish this! Like the babies - eventually carrying that toddler is not so easy and they wake up screaming to not be left!

Alison_Leighfield
30th March 2007, 06:26 PM
All in their own doggy beds but in our bedroom with us.

They do all come up though for a cuddle in the morning when we have a cup of tea in bed...lovely, precious moments that start the day of so well :D

Alison.

momay
30th March 2007, 06:41 PM
Good point Debbie! She is about 7.5 months right now and certainly would prefer to come to the bed with him, but we do need some alone time too!
When I took her out of her crate this morning, I realized how small it was for her and just ordered two Nylabone medium sized crates, she certainly is growing up fast! :yikes
Alison, the cuppa tea in bed with cuddles sounds like heaven on earth. I can't imagine life without a Cav anymore!
:flwr: :flwr:

natalieandmike
30th March 2007, 10:19 PM
We do this thing...our Cav sleeps next to our bed, in her crate. Mike wakes around 6 am to take her out...but as SOON as she gets back in, she makes a bee-line for the bed. I try to sleep in until 6:30 but then I'm ambushed by a happy Cavalier! Mike even tried to close the bedroom door and she figured out how to turn the latch...and bonk against the door to get in...it made such a racket I thought someone was breaking into the house. NO, it's just SUPER PRINCESS needing to get her cuddles on the bed! Boy does she ever love it. I have to admit, it has to be a breed trait, with her overwhelming desire to get on the bed with me in the morning! :lol: -Nataile

Holly
30th March 2007, 10:59 PM
Oliver sleeps in my bed with his head on my pillow! If my boyfriend is here, he sleeps in his own bed.

kimberlya
31st March 2007, 09:42 PM
Teddy sleeps right in between my fiance and I, at our heads. He tries to steal our pillows at various points throughout the night. :)
Ellie is only 5 months old, so she's not completely reliable yet. I'm easing her into the bed. When I take naps she'll sleep with Teddy and I, and last week I started letting her sleep with us until my fiance comes to bed (usually a few hours after I do).
The dogs are at my parents' house right now, as we went on a vacation, so we've reclaimed the bed and actually can snuggle without a ball of fur honing in on the action!!! :lol: You forget what it is like to have a private moment. :)

Charleen
31st March 2007, 10:01 PM
All 4 of my dogs sleep on a queen size bed with me. :slp: My avatar is a picture of my bed covered with cavaliers.

First I sleep on my side. Merry curls into the crook of my arm. Jolly usually lays back to back with me. Pippin goes up to the top of the bed and lays his head on the corner of my pillow and Luke picks any open spot on the bed. Later at night, Pippin gets warm and jumps down on the hardwood floor to sleep through the rest of the night.

Maxxs_Mummy
31st March 2007, 10:43 PM
We do this thing...our Cav sleeps next to our bed, in her crate. Mike wakes around 6 am to take her out...but as SOON as she gets back in, she makes a bee-line for the bed. I try to sleep in until 6:30 but then I'm ambushed by a happy Cavalier! Mike even tried to close the bedroom door and she figured out how to turn the latch...and bonk against the door to get in...it made such a racket I thought someone was breaking into the house. NO, it's just SUPER PRINCESS needing to get her cuddles on the bed! Boy does she ever love it. I have to admit, it has to be a breed trait, with her overwhelming desire to get on the bed with me in the morning! :lol: -Nataile

Natalie, if ever Maxx gets accidentally shut out of our room he will make such a racket banging it to get back in that I swear the door will come off its hinges :lol: He can't quite reach the handle on our bedroom door but outside my eldest son's room is yet another dog bed and he's realised that if the pillow on this is near enough and he stands on it then he can reach the handle and open the door. Once he gets inside it's doggie paradise as there's always sweetie wrappers in the bin and dirty t-shirts to snuggle into on the floor. If he's very lucky, there will also be something nice to drink like flat coke in a glass on the floor :yuk:

laram
16th April 2007, 11:06 PM
I've loved having my Sammy sleep on the bed as a puppy. But now that he's getting older and more independent, he actually jumps off the bed and goes to his crate :cry*ing:

I think I've smothered him with attention too much as a puppy: he actually goes to the other room now even during the day when I'm watching TV. :confused: I think he's decided he needs some space. He also spends long periods of time staring at himself in the mirror, so he must be trying to work out who he is :D

niamhx
16th April 2007, 11:15 PM
I only have finn 2 days but he sleeps in a crate.

brid kenny
16th April 2007, 11:29 PM
you will be tempted many times to bring him to the bed. Hope you've good will power!!:D

BIZA
17th April 2007, 12:11 AM
All the mob have the run of the house the 6 cavs usually end up in or on the bed luckily the big dogs dont want to share as well,think a leonberger might be just a bit big.

RileysMom
17th April 2007, 04:32 AM
Fletcher sleeps on my head and Riley between my husband and I. At some point in the night, they both end up under the covers and it gets steamy!!!

I wake up some times and am almost hanging off the bed, but do I dare move the pups. . . noooooooo. . . . I just let them get a good nights sleep while I try and hang on!!!!

Oh how we love our dogs!!!

Fraggle
18th April 2007, 12:55 PM
I started off so well and Bella slept in the kitchen behind a puppy gate for the first 6 months, then one night I relented and she has slept in the bed between hubby and I ever since. She hogs the pillow and also has figured out that if you climb above the covers at night you can prevent people moving around and also gently push them towards the edge of the bed. Now I wake up every morning with about an inch of bed and no covers! Damn dog!