• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Cav in NYC

shell nyc

Hi! I've been lurking (and learning a lot!) since I brought Winston home on New Year's Day but finally took the leap and registered today. Winston is almost 5 months old and an absolute sweetheart. We live on the UWS in Manhattan, a block from Central Park which Winston LOVES. He has a big sister Kelsey (10yr old German Shepherd) and a 50lb terrier mix roommate, so doesn't realize he's just a tiny thing!

He goes to work with me every so often, and is a regular at my favorite Irish Pub...he makes friends everywhere he goes. Even non-dog people that meet him are in love with his quiet, sweet, cuddly personality. I sometimes work long hours, and travel often for my job and so debated whether it was right to get another dog...but he brings so much joy to my life that I couldn't imagine not having him! I can see why so many of you have more than one!

Visit me on Dogster :)

icon_welcome Shell and Winston. It sounds like you have a wonderful location being so close to the park. Winston sounds like a great companion. I wish I could take a dog to work. How nice for you and Winston.

Welcome guys!
Ginger and I met you at the meet up downtown.
Winston is SO cute and sweet!!
Hope you enjoy it here, lots to learn.
Wont be at the meet up this weekend but hopefully will make it there next time!
-Estee & Ginger

Thanks everyone!

Estee and Ginger! Of course we remember you guys! I'm not sure if we'll be in town this weekend or not but I'm sure we'll see each other again soon.

Charleen: technically I don't think I'm supposed to bring my dog to work, but I have an office and cavs are so quiet that it's just worked out well for us. In fact, my boss loves him so much she put a deposit down on a pup from the same breeder!
:p

Lani: Thanks! I work in NJ! It's really not as bad as the Sopranos makes it out to be, is it!?! ;)

New Jersey isn't so bad!! Not sure where you work in NJ but if you ever bring your dog to work you might want to check out the dog run in Overpeck Park on the way home from work ... I just discovered it and they have separated out a large section of it just for the small dogs ... it's great!!

I'm planning to take Lucky to the NYC meet up this weekend, so if you're there maybe we'll see you then. :flwr:

Crazy small world! I actually work in Ridgefield Park and was just at Overpeck on Tuesday running around the track at lunch. Going back to my Sopranos comment, the episodes with "Pie-O-Mine", the race horse, were filmed at Overpeck Park! (across the street from where the dog park is.)

Hopefully we'll meet you guys soon!

hello and welcome!!! DH and I love the UWS.... almost decided to move there this April, but came across a place in Gramercy instead.... but, it's definitely one of our most favorite neighborhoods in the city... i'm sure it's great for Winston!!! We'd like to attend a meetup one day, so maybe we'll run into you guys soon! oh and we *just* joined Dogster, so i'll send you a pup pal request :D

Oh I love NY! I would love to live there, but I'm too much of a southern girl! haha welcome to the board! Everyone is so nice!

Welcome Shell and Winston. I loved the picture of him asleep on the bar stool. Now that was cute!!

Winston the Irish Pub Mascot. Love his photo album. Of course he got a bone from me. He's adorable. Keep him away from the beer, looks like he may have over-indulged on St. Paddy's day. ;)

Hello, you NEW YOOORKKKERS (said in the Pace Picante voice). From us "southerners". Well, I grew up in Chicago, anyway! :lol: You guys are so lucky to be close to each other and have great Cavalier meetups...-
Love the name Winston and what a handsome boy! :flwr: -Natalie

Hello and icon_welcome to you both!

Seems like there are more than a few NYCers on here. :) Loved the pic next to the German Shepherd ... what a tiny little one! Very cute!

Back