• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Regular or Oversized Lookout?

Julie S

So ... this is one of the last non-sex specific puppy item I can get for now. Only ONE more week until I found out if we're getting a boy or girl!!!! :)

Who has the regular, and who has the oversized lookout? Obviously, the puppy will be fine for now in the regular (for dogs up to 18 lbs). But I'd like to get one now that will last up to adulthood ... so should I just go for the oversized (18-25 lbs)? It just looks so huge in the pictures, though.

Tell me what to do. ;)

I have the oversized but Spencer is a big boy (23 lbs). It doesn't look big when he's in it but it does take up just a little less than half the backseat. The thing is great. It took a little while for him to get used to it but now he loves it.

Duncan is almost too big for our regular one (he is 18 lbs) It is perfect for Arthur (12 pounds and counting)

I would get the oversized one...if you have too much room in it once your puppy is all grown up you can just get another pup!! :lol:

Thanks everyone. I was afraid that the oversized would be MASSIVE, but you're right - I don't want to have to get another one when puppy grows up.

So it's gonna be too big for the front seat??? Bummer ....

You probably wouldn't want them in the front anyway...airbags can really hurt a dog should you get in an accident.

Jen said:
Just to give you an idea of size, here's the Oversized Lookout II
Abbey is 17.5 pounds, and Gus is 13 pounds, both fit comfortably in it.

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8606

Jen, that looks terrific. Can you secure both dogs into the one Lookout?

I'm wondering if an 18 pounder and a 20 pounder could both fit in that one... hmmmm.... Maybe I'll go back to the web site and do what they suggest, which is to make a paper template based on the bottom dimensions of the one you want to buy and put it on the floor, and see if your dogs can both fit comfortably on it.

Mom_of_2_Cavies said:
Jen said:
Just to give you an idea of size, here's the Oversized Lookout II
Abbey is 17.5 pounds, and Gus is 13 pounds, both fit comfortably in it.

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8606

Jen, that looks terrific. Can you secure both dogs into the one Lookout?

I'm wondering if an 18 pounder and a 20 pounder could both fit in that one... hmmmm.... Maybe I'll go back to the web site and do what they suggest, which is to make a paper template based on the bottom dimensions of the one you want to buy and put it on the floor, and see if your dogs can both fit comfortably on it.

Yes, both can be secured. I think it may be a bit snug for 18 pounds and 20 pounds though. Try the My Buddy, that would work.

Thanks, Jen!

I think it would be fine for them both if they were sitting. It's just a tiny bit bigger than a bed we have that they occasionally both climb into at the same time--but inevitably one of them gets too warm and moves off, so I suspect you're right that this might be a bit snug for both.

Do you think the My Buddy would fit a 2x22lbs dogs and 2x 12lbs dogs? :lol: I always miss out on these things because of my beastly boys (not to mention the shear number of having four!!)

moniechris said:
Do you think the My Buddy would fit a 2x22lbs dogs and 2x 12lbs dogs? :lol: I always miss out on these things because of my beastly boys (not to mention the shear number of having four!!)

I bet it would--the thing was huge! We could have easily fit a 3rd dog or even a 4th!

Back