• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We got broken into...

Claire

they smashed a window in the kitchen with an axe and took our TV's, laptop, IPod, jewellery and Darren's company car so we are not really on line at the moment.... thank god the dogs are fine... had alarm fitted today, we should have done it last year when they tried it last year in March. Getting worried as start new job tomorrow.

So sorry to hear that claire. glad you, dh & the dogs are alright. hope you have insurance and that it all works out.

Oh, Claire! How horrible to have your home violated like that. Glad everyone is okay. :flwr:

Lucky also sends you some kisses to cheer you up. :)

It's a shame.. all my 18th, 21st, engagement and wedding jewellery, Darrens watches, my charm bracelet... I really blame myself as I never put it up in the loft and left it all in the wardrobe... :(

That's frightening. I'm glad that no one was hurt, but I can imagine the feeling of violation over having your possessions taken.

We have such a high crime rate in Orlando that I hate to stay here by myself when Bubba goes out of town. I'm a big ol' chicken!

Hope things get settled back in soon. I'm really sorry that this happened to you.

Oh, I'm so sorry. It's a devastating feeling of violation to have that happen, and the loss of sentimental valuables is the worst. Everything else can be replaced.

My first thought was about the dogs--thank God they're OK. Where were they when this happened?

I'm glad you've now got an alarm. I hope that you have some kind of stickers to put on the windows so that thieves will be discouraged in the future.

Oh Claire ***HUGZ*** I am so sorry to hear that. :(

Did you notify the police and the pawn shops around the area? Someone brok einto my aun'ts house a few years ago and they were able to get most of their stuff back because the breaker-inners ( icon_nwunsure ) tried to sell it after the fact. They ended up getting caught that way :w**h**:

Looking ont he bright side at least none of you were hurt and your dogs are safe and sound. :flwr: *HUGZ* again .. :flwr: :flwr:

Very sorry to hear of such sad news! :( I am so happy to know that the dogs are all safe. :) You are in my thoughts...

We've had an alarm on the house for 23 years. My husbands family home was broken into once and it left a very lasting impression on him. You get used to it.. As most things pro active, it won't keep a "pro" out but it will discourage anyone else.

So sorry about all your personal things being stolen. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

oh gosh, that's terrible. i'm sorry. i hope they find these criminals! i'm glad your dogs are okay... good luck w/ everything, including the new job tomorrow.

I am so sorry but at least you are OK and the dogs did not get hurt hope your new job works out alright ----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie----Barney---Sam)

It makes my blood boil that thieves think they can come into someones elses home and just take the things people have worked hard for who the hell do they think they are!!!!

My thoughts are with you it is not a nice feeling knowing someone has invaded your home I know how i felt when it happened to us.

Thank god they never got your dogs.

Claire, :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I'm so sorry to read this awful news, but relieved that you are all well yourselves and that the girls and you and hubby are un-harmed. Thats the most important thing here.
You have both had a huge shock and it will take time to get the confidence back about leaving the house again. Thank goodness you now have the alarm fitted.
Everything will be fine with the job, thinking of you tomorrow, Good luck!

Alison. :hug:

This makes me so angry!! :x

I'm so glad the dogs were ok, poor things, imagine what they were thinking. :(

So glad to hear that you all are okay, though. Scary and I'm sure you're angry....quite a few communities around here with some break-ins this past year; very saddened by the news :flwr: Like you say, though, they really have some nerve taking things they never worked for and especially things with great sentimental value. Glad you are all OK. -natalie

That is such a horrible experience -- so upsetting to lose things you value and to have your home violated. The most important thing is you all are safe. :flwr:

That just stinks Claire!! This kind of crime just really irks me. I've had cars stolen twice and just got so angry. Thank goodness you both and the doggies are okay. Really makes me think about getting a security system. Hmmmm...gonna give that one some good thought.

Oh Dear Lord Claire

I am glad nobody got hurt, I am sure you are pretty shaken though it is upsetting.

Try not to worry, thinking of you at your new job tommorow. :hug:

Have good day, you waited so long for this job. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I remember my sister-in-laws house getting broke into and my mother in law was home but she had a stroke and was paralyzed. Somebody who obviously knew this, they took all the gold.

It should of been in the bank.

Back