• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

daisys poorly foot

emmawright

got to take daisy to the vet tomorrow - her toe is bad on her front left foot. she has been licking it constantly all night, and i just had a look and she has a hole in her toe, and gunk came out of it. :grnyuk: she had this hole a couple of weeks ago and i took her to the vet, he said that it could be where she had a thorn or it could be a corn... but obviously it has got worse. i think because of the dry eye/curly coat it makes things harder to heal.... :(

Poor little Daisy, gentle hugs (((x))) from us here.

Emma it will help Daisy if you soak her feet at least twice weekly in warm water for 5-10 mins and then plaster them in Vasaline while they are still warm, let it all soak into the pads. Also paw wax (from good pet stores) before ALL walks will prevent further soreness. I always used to carry Honey to the grass she rarely ever walked the pavements....
Prevention is the word with DE/CC.

hope this helps,

Alison.

oh poor daisy---hope her foot feels better very soon! let us know how you two get on at the vet!

k :flwr:

Poor little Daisy. :( Hope you can get her healed asap, Emma. Alison's advice will be very good for things like this; she found so many ways of helping Honey. :flwr:

Just curious - is it on the top of her toe or on the pad? If it's on the top it could be a lick granuloma. They happen when a dog becomes "addicted" to licking-chewing a certain spot - probably started with an itch or something then became a habit. Clip, clean, some antibiotics.

I'm glad you have a vet appointment. It's always good to have something like that seen asap. :D

hello everyone, just got back from the vets. poor daisy was screaming and crying when the vet was looking at her paw, must be so sore. a bit of stuff came out of it and i have got some antibiotics as she thinks it had an infection in it. thanks for the advice alison, i will certainly soak her feet and put on vaseline and i shall buy some of the paw wax too.

When my Sophie had a large sore that re-appeared twice the vet also removed it. Then I soaked her foot 2x daily in epsom salts. Have to remember tho' to not let them drink the salts!! That took a little effort, but like people, it really did help it heal.

Hope she is back to herself soon!

Sheri

sramirez said:
When my Sophie had a large sore that re-appeared twice the vet also removed it. Then I soaked her foot 2x daily in epsom salts. Have to remember tho' to not let them drink the salts!! That took a little effort, but like people, it really did help it heal.

Hope she is back to herself soon!

Sheri

I'm so glad that it worked for Sophie and that she is now well, but with DE/CC this is not a suitable treatment for the condition. :flwr:

Thanks for the tip and information though, I'm sure others will find it really helpful. :flwr:

Alison.

Ohh, poor Daisy...and such a precious little Cavalier! You do take such good care of her, Emma. I love to see her beautiful pictures. :hug: -Natalie

Hi Lani, Daisys foot is still not right, she keeps licking it all the time too! It doesnt seem to be healing brilliantly, but i have been putting Paw Wax on her feet before walks and putting vaseline into her feet as well, hoping that it will help. Every toe now has a funny white patch on it, so i am just hoping they dont crack open. But she is ok, still playing and having fun, it isn't stopping her do anything which is good. Just have to keep checking her feet...

thanks for asking though Lani, very kind of you to think of us.
emma and daisy xx

Back