• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

PETA wants Menu Foods Dry Food Recalled UPDATED

Kodee

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/197635

This is not good news for me.. Kodee was on Nutro Ultra at the breeders - mind you she hated the kibble and never ate it which is why I switched the 2nd wk she was here. But her cookies she won at class are also Nutro Ultra - ever since eating them she refuses to eat her Old Mother Hubbard cookies. To be safe, I am pitching them.

PETA states owners have complained to them about pets dying with liver damage unexplained recently on dry Iams.

Edit: Nutro posted a letter stating that the recall FDA release on friday regarding dry food wont include any Nutro products as they are not made by Menu Foods *whew!*
http://www.nutroproducts.com/press3-29.asp

I'll wait and see what other organizations say about any dry food. I don't have a whole lot of confidance in anything PETA is behind.

I agree with Bruce, PETA is a disgusting organization.

Just google PETA & Trial....that'll show you their dirty little secret. :flwr:

You know, you'd expect to be able to trust a national paper such as the star to report an ACCURATE news article! Iams dry food is NOT produced by Menu foods!

Q1. Are Iams and Eukanuba dry dog and cat foods, treats or sauces included in this Menu Foods manufacturer recall?

No. Iams and Eukanuba dry foods are not manufactured at Menu Foods

So for the star article to do a piece and write the following is a little more than misleading and creating PANIC

"Yvette Faulkner of Doylestown, Penn., said her tabby cat, Sassafraf, which she had for more than a decade, got sick after eating dry Iams cat food. He refused to eat, became lethargic, vomited and constantly drank water, eventually losing five pounds. She had him put down March 7 after the veterinarian told her he wouldn’t live much longer. "

AND for Peta (which I dont know anything about) to support this claim sort of makes them a bit less creditable than what your saying they already lack.

Sheesh! It would be nice for our national paper to get it right, so I dont have to look up every fact in an article to verify!

I don't have a lot of nice things to say about PETA either. Maybe even NO nice things to say about them.

I went to their website for the first time today to check out a story that I had caught part of on the news last night. PETA was going to have a group at the Burberry store here because of the use of fur in Burberry clothing. They were wearing those "I'd rather be naked than wear ---" banners - and it looked like they were naked.

Bruce, maybe you should investigate this.

PETA has a vendetta against IAMS because they claim that they test animals in laboratories and are cruel to them.. www.iamscruelty.com

To be honest I don't support PETA and I don't believe barely anything that they stand for but I believe they really have it out for IAMS and will take every opportunity they can to destroy them.

Back