PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Atlanta!

Holly
30th March 2007, 07:40 PM
Hi there-

I am new to this! I have a 2 year old Blenheim named Oliver and I couldn't love him more than I do! He is the sweetest dog!

Before I got Oliver, I ran into a bad experience with a backyard breeder. I didn't know a lot about choosing a breeder at the time and ended up with a puppy who had a Grade 5 heart murmur who had to be put down 3 days after I got him! It was a horrible, sad experience.

Then I did my homework, found a fabulous breeder here in GA, and got the cutest, sweetest dog... Oliver!

I thought I had a pic on here- I will have to figure out what I did wrong!

-Holly

WoodHaven
30th March 2007, 07:47 PM
Welcome!!

Ironically, some of our Cavalier Talk Message board is IN ATLANTA this weekend. There is a cavalier show here:

Holiday Inn Select Perimeter, Atlanta, GA, 770-296-6011

Holly
30th March 2007, 07:53 PM
How fun! Can anyone go and watch?

Julie S
30th March 2007, 07:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your heart-wrenching BYB experience. That is just devastating.

Jealous you're in Atlanta for the show! Definitely go check it out! ... sounds like tons of fun!

Karlin
30th March 2007, 08:20 PM
Sure anyone can go along -- there may be a small admission charge; not sure how the shows work there.

KimNIndy
30th March 2007, 08:45 PM
hello and icon_welcome holly and oliver! i'm originally from atlanta and will be moving back in may/june :D

i'm sorry to hear about your poor puppy---i can't imagine such a terrible thing happening----but how wonderful that you and oliver have found each other. he is adorable!

hope you enjoy the site! have fun at the cavalier show if you go---i'm sorry to miss it!

k

gramercy girl
30th March 2007, 09:29 PM
wow, that is a really sad story!!! my gosh....

is that oliver in your avatar?? he's beautiful!!! welcome to the board and have fun if you go to the show... i'd love to go to one!!

Holly
30th March 2007, 09:40 PM
That is Oliver- thank you!

I am trying to convince my boyfriend that a Cavalier show would be really fun on a Friday night... wish me luck! :)

natalieandmike
30th March 2007, 10:09 PM
Oliver is adorable! Love his Blenheim spot! Your neighbors from N Carolina--Natalie and Mike :flwr:

Mom_of_2_Cavies
31st March 2007, 03:59 AM
Welcome, Holly! Hope you manage to get to the show! Oliver's gorgeous!

Holly
31st March 2007, 05:33 PM
I went to the show in Atlanta Friday night to see the puppies... sooooo cute! It was a room filled with Olivers!

Harvey's Mum
1st April 2007, 09:32 AM
icon_welcome Holly and Oliver

Sorry to hear about your experience. You have certainly got a beauty in Oliver. Look forward to more pictures soon. :snap:

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

Nisha
1st April 2007, 11:34 AM
Welcome Holly and Oliver!!
So sorry to hear about your previous experience!! that mustve been absolutely horrible! Glad that you found a fab breeder now though! Oliver is such a cutie!!!!!!

Joanne M
3rd April 2007, 03:28 AM
Hello and welcome Holly and the adorable Oliver. I love your avatar.

Holly
10th April 2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks, Joanne! I have to put Oliver's picture back on- it disappeared when they re-did the board.

I am originally from MA, also- Webster, but I live in Atlanta now!

Lindsay
11th April 2007, 03:28 PM
icon_welcome icon_welcome icon_welcome icon_welcome

Welcome Holly from not far up the road! :D

Shay
13th April 2007, 03:16 AM
Welcome from another neighbor. Oliver is certainly a beauty! icon_welcome

Caraline
13th April 2007, 03:42 AM
icon_welcome

Cathy T
13th April 2007, 03:46 AM
Welcome Holly! So sorry to hear about your previous experience..but so glad Oliver is doing so well. I was also at the show in Atlanta. I'll bet we were in the same room and didn't even know it!:D

Holly
13th April 2007, 04:27 PM
I was wondering if anyone on here was there! :)

molly
13th April 2007, 05:36 PM
Hi and icon_welcome Holly and Oliver!

Pumkin
15th April 2007, 09:49 PM
Welcome!! :rah: :flwr: