PDA

View Full Version : Annabel

Princess Annabel
30th March 2007, 11:06 PM
Hi all,

As far as I know, Annabel is the oldest Cav on here, so I thought she deserved her own thread in the Golden Oldies section.

Here is a photo of her aged 15 years and 8 months, all curled up on her cushion. She's sleeping alot these days. No wonder at her age!!! We only take her for very short walks nowadays as she doesnt have a lot of energy anymore. But she is still as cute as ever :*nana:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/159/440085174_ca6bd2b0a6.jpg

Princess Annabel
30th March 2007, 11:10 PM
This is one of my favourite Annabel pics, taken a couple of weeks ago.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/416909473_f8319db2b6.jpg

Barb B
31st March 2007, 09:46 PM
Hey Annabel, way to go! I love seeing your picture, you are so fluffy!! And I would take naps all the time too if I could... :lol:

Karlin
1st April 2007, 12:10 AM
If you click the IMG button, paste in the url, then click the IMG button again it will make your pics viewable on the thread.

In other words it should look like this:

your url

I added them to your original posts so people could see your pictures. :)

She is lovely! What a fluffball.

Lynn
1st April 2007, 01:04 AM
Annabel is the most beautiful Cavalier ever! I just love seeing photos of her...thank you so much for sharing!

Charleen
1st April 2007, 01:17 AM
Annabel is such a fluffy dream. She looks like the sweetest cavalier.

Princess Annabel
1st April 2007, 09:32 AM
Hi all,

Thanks Karlin for the photo tip, I did wonder how to do that :thmbsup:

And thanks to everyone for your comments.

She really is such a NICE dog, I mean she just loves people, and when she was younger, she would make such a fuss of everyone who walked in the front door, jumping up at them and wanting to be cuddled. She really is a sweetheart.

Alison_Leighfield
1st April 2007, 09:59 AM
What a wonderful girl, and how lucky are you to have been blessed with her love and companionship for all of these years....
I think we all would wish that our fur kids will still be with us after all that time....

Priceless pictures of a priceless Princess :lotsaluv: (((gentle hugs)))

Alison.

Donna27
5th April 2007, 12:12 AM
As a relatively new puppy owner (had Fiona for 4 months!), it is so reassuring and comforting that, amidst the sadness and bleak outlook for so many cavs due to MVD and SM, there is hope in photos and stories like these! Annabel is beautiful and I hope I'm lucky enough to have Fiona around for even close to that long. What a great lookin' girl! :D

lorin
5th April 2007, 04:40 AM
At your age you're allowed an extra nap or 4! :)

Maxxs_Mummy
5th April 2007, 02:26 PM
Annabel, you just have to be one of the most beautiful furbabies I have ever seen. I hope you enjoyed your nap and that they gave you whatever it was that you wanted in the kitchen :lol:

paulio99
5th April 2007, 05:32 PM
I love seeing these older dogs.

Its so nice to think that with the horrible deceases around that plenty Cavs live a very long life.

If I see an older Cav - I always make a huge fuss over them.

Annabel is such a lovely dog. So fluffy !

molly
13th April 2007, 01:33 AM
Annabel, you are a wonderful gentle looking lady. So sweet.

Cathy T
13th April 2007, 03:00 AM
Oh aren't you just the most beautiful girl in the world?!!! What a gorgeous little fluffball of a grand old lady. Love and hugs to Annabel!!

natalieandmike
15th April 2007, 07:22 PM
Gorgeous, Princess Annabel! What a fluffy and beautiful girl! I so love the "elders"...-Natalie:flwr:

Jenny37
17th April 2007, 12:53 AM
Oh she is beautiful! I just want to pick her up and squeeze her!!! She looks so soft!

*Pauline*
18th April 2007, 11:17 PM
Ooo...I just want to kiss that fluff ball! She's very pretty. :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

PamH
21st April 2007, 03:11 AM
She looks like a real sweetheart. Maddy is such a baby still, but I hope that she has such a long life and looks just like Annabelle.
Pam

Joanne M
21st April 2007, 04:26 AM
I know Annabel is a Princess, but I think she is our reigning Queen. She is lovely. The kind of dog you want to hug. Thank you for posting any and ALL pictures of her. She is a delight. And I agree she deserves her own thread, they all do.

cavalicious
21st April 2007, 04:33 AM
Oh my gosh, isn't she just delightful! :luv: I just wanna squeeze her! (gently) :hug:

Caraline
21st April 2007, 04:58 AM
Oh Annabel, you are such a gorgeous girl and time has certainly not diminished your beauty. What a dignified & spritely looking grand lady. :luv:

Shay
21st April 2007, 05:11 PM
:w*w:What a sweet girl. Hooray for you Annabel, and to your Mommy for taking such good care of you for all these years.

Princess Annabel
25th May 2007, 09:21 PM
Hi All,

It seems that Annabel is nearing the end of her long happy life.

She was weezing very heavily last night, and is more wobbly than ever on her back legs. She has a routine vet appointment for middle of next week so we will see what he says.

I know she is extremely elderly for a cavalier, but it is still so sad to think that she won't be around.

Bianca (Annabel's "human sister")

Cathy T
25th May 2007, 10:04 PM
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this.

Cathryn
25th May 2007, 10:28 PM
Firstly Annabelle is a credit to your loving attention all these long years, she is a credit to you! She is truly beautiful and it is so nice to hear of Cavaliers getting to such an age!

I am very sorry to hear that she is not too well right now, and :xfngr: that all is well for her, thinking of you both right now, BIG kiss and a VERY gentle hug for your darling sweet girl! :luv:

niamhx
27th May 2007, 12:00 PM
What an amazing job you have done she's a beautiful lady. :) fingers crossed she will feel better. Sending her a big hug and some of finn's kisses xxxxxxxx

sarahg
29th May 2007, 07:31 AM
She is adorable :luv:

Sarah Xxx

ness
29th May 2007, 08:41 AM
Anabelle looks like such a sweet heart :luv: She has done very well to live to 15! she must be looked after and loved very well she looks exellent in the photo's! I sorry to hear she's not doing to well :( I hope she is ok :xfngr:

Rj Mac
29th May 2007, 01:49 PM
Annabel is gorgeous and big :hug: :hug: coming her way from us....hope she's feeling better :luv:

Princess Annabel
3rd June 2007, 09:41 PM
Hi All,

I'm afraid tonight will be Annabels last night.
It is so awful but we will have her put to sleep tomorrow.
She would have been 16 next month so we are so lucky to have been her family for so long.

I will write soon

Bianca

Cathy T
3rd June 2007, 11:28 PM
:hug: Bianca - I am so sorry to hear this. Give her all the love you can and know that you are saving her from being in discomfort and pain. She has had a long and lovely lovely life. Such a hard decision to make but am glad you are letting your head make the decision along with your heart. Thinking of you both.

Karlin
4th June 2007, 12:15 AM
That is the toughest decision to have to take at any time, but especially it must be so when it is taken for such a venerable lady. We all cherish the oldies together here as we all know how special it is when they reach such a wonderful age, and we know how hard a time this is. She has certainly brought you many years of memories, and they will always bring comfort.

Charleen
4th June 2007, 12:33 AM
*ng*l I am so so sorry to hear that Annabel is so ill. She was truly a blessing to you all. *ng*l

Lani
4th June 2007, 12:55 AM
:hug: So sorry to hear the sad news.

I hope the many years of beautiful memories that you shared with Annabel bring you comfort as you go through this difficult time. At least you know that she will not be suffering any longer. *ng*l

Arne
4th June 2007, 02:24 PM
I am so sorry.

Cleo's Person
4th June 2007, 06:42 PM
I am so sorry. :hug: :hug: :hug: to you all.

Princess Annabel
4th June 2007, 06:59 PM
Hello friends of Annabel,

Thank you all for your kind words.

I am sad to say that my beautiful Annabel has gone to wait for me at rainbow bridge, at the age of 15 years, 10 months and 16 days.

She really was a delightful dog, and faithful friend, and I am grateful to have been her family for more than 15 and a half years.

Please keep in touch, I would still love to hear about your precious Cavaliers.

RIP Princess Annabel

Love Bianca

Shay
4th June 2007, 07:35 PM
Bianca.....My heart breaks for you. But what an extraordinarily long, healthy, and happy life Annabelle had. I'm sure in no small way, this was due to her loving family. I know that gives you comfort at this sad time. Your Annabelle is an inspiration for all of us who have these wonderful dogs. It gives us all hope that maybe, just maybe, our babies will have a life as long as sweet Anabelle's. *ng*l

Nicki
4th June 2007, 10:22 PM
Dear Bianca we're so very sorry to read your sad news.

I hope it is a comfort that Annabelle had such a long and happy life with you - you will have many many treasured memories. It is so unfair that our beloved companions do not live as long as us, the only time a Cavalier breaks your heart is when they leave you.

Annabelle will be playing happily at the Bridge with our other Angels, and waiting for the day when you will be reunited.

This dreadful raw pain does ease in time, and you can look back and be happy - we're all thinking of you at this time.

*Pauline*
5th June 2007, 12:18 AM
Dear Bianca, I'm so sorry. Annabel was such a cuddly girl, I just loved looking at her pictures. Lots of love to you and your family right now at this difficult time. XXX

Zippy
5th June 2007, 03:45 AM
Bianca, So sorry for your loss.:flwr:

Annabelle had a long and wonderful life, due to the great care from her family.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Karen S.
5th June 2007, 06:54 PM
We are so very sorry for your loss. She will live forever in your heart.

sarahg
5th June 2007, 07:14 PM
:hug: Bianca i am so so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and love are with you at this awful time :hug:

Annabelle have fun at the bridge *ng*l

Sarah Xxx :flwr:

Lynn
6th June 2007, 03:36 PM
Ohhh I am so sad that beautiful Annabelle has passed on. Truly, seeing her in photos and the video clip warmed my heart unlike all the other photos and videos here. She will live in our hearts forever. I am so sorry for your loss.

molly
7th June 2007, 03:02 AM
Our hearts and prayers to you on the loss of dear Annabel. She was a wonderful gentle sweet soul and will be sadly missed by all who knew her. She was lucky to have been part of your family and we know that you must be heart broken. Hugs to you :flwr:

Lisa_T
8th June 2007, 01:32 AM
I too am sorry to hear about Annabel, having just 'happened' across a reference in another thread. It must be such a comfort to know that she lived such a very long happy life, and- on another note- dogs such as Rudee, Annabel, and the lovely old gentleman who also died recently (forgotten his name, sorry) give the rest of us hope.

Take care of yourselves as you come to terms with Annabel's loss.

goldcountryrose
22nd June 2007, 10:38 AM
I can only imagine the sorrow you have been feeling. Your baby girl is an inspiration to all of us who fear an early death of our babies.

You know, of course, what you must do now, you must find another potential hero to love and nurture.

Rj Mac
8th July 2007, 09:41 AM
We are so sorry for your loss, :hug: :hug: , our thoughts are with you at this tme