• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

oldest cavalier

beanie

Hello World,

I am wondering the age of the oldest cavalier. I recently lost both my boys -one was amost 14 years and the other was 14 years and 2 months. My vet said my boys were the oldest that he knew of within our community. Does anyone out there know of any older than 14 years???

Regards fromAustralia

My love of this breed started with a tri cavalier who came to the animal hospital where I worked. She was 14 1/2 when she died, her name was Bootie.
I always belive it is a credit to an owner when they care for a dog well into the animals senior years.
Bravo to you! I hope you look forward to every animal that will enter your life again and the care and love you can give them.

-Kelly

Hi, So sorry for the loss of your two boys...they lived long lives!

Our beloved Charley passed away last summer at 14yrs 4 months of age.

He was the eldest in my vets practice at that time.

Our Mary Alice is nearly 3 (guess at age) and I hope she'll be around for a good decade longer but not too sure.

Cavvies don't seem to be as long-lived anymore. Very sad. :flwr: :flwr:

I know of a cav here in OZ who was grossly overweight for most of his life, had epilepsy, never got walked past the age of 10 and was fed on biscuits (sweet) , occasional chocolate and wait for it yuk yuk pedigree meaty bites for all of his life and he lived to be 16 years and 3 months. Can you believe it.

Oldest Cavalier

My Hobby over the years has been collecting ages of Long Lived Cavaliers

The one that I know of at the moment was Tuppence ,she lived to 19 years 4 months 3 weeks

Penny ,her sister lived to 17-1/2 years

In their pedigree was Donna ( Lochbuie Sweet Refrain ) she lived to 6 weeks short of 18 years

Tuppence and Penny's sire was
Ewcote Blue Blazer he lived to
13 years

Their dam was
Snowball Martini Mona

Also in their pedigree was
Homaranne Jingle Bells 14

Portland Pandi 15

Etoil of Lochbuie ,141/2 ,she was Donna's daughter

Ch Rosemullion of Ottermouth 13

Kindrum Roulette 14

Tuppence and Penny were born 28-11-85 and were Blenheims

Bet

:lol: Bet I was hoping you'd see this when I started reading the thread -- this is the perfect question for you.

I know of one Irish cavalier that lived til just around (perhaps just short of) 19 years -- I think it was a backyard bred cavalier however but if I come across the girl whose family owned him, I will see if they have any pedigree information. That was the oldest I'd ever heard of.

It's amazing to think of a 19 year old cavalier! I know we all hope for longlived dogs. :) I have Rosemullion of Ottermouth behind my two boys so fingers crossed they make at least 13.

Beanie, I am so sorry to hear of your little ones but they had wonderful long lives & I'll bet they enjoyed every minute of them with you :lotsaluv:

Bet, that's wonderful to hear of some living such long lives :flwr: One of my friend's had a lovely Blenheim girl that she lost about 3 years ago aged 15. I will try and get her pedigree for you if my friend has it. She had her aged 8 from a friend who had shown and bred her and was looking for a retirement home.

I only hope my boys have wonderful long lives too :flwr:

Re: Oldest Cavalier

Bet said:
My Hobby over the years has been collecting ages of Long Lived Cavaliers

The one that I know of at the moment was Tuppence ,she lived to 19 years 4 months 3 weeks

Penny ,her sister lived to 17-1/2 years

In their pedigree was Donna ( Lochbuie Sweet Refrain ) she lived to 6 weeks short of 18 years

Tuppence and Penny's sire was
Ewcote Blue Blazer he lived to
13 years

Their dam was
Snowball Martini Mona

Also in their pedigree was
Homaranne Jingle Bells 14

Portland Pandi 15

Etoil of Lochbuie ,141/2 ,she was Donna's daughter

Ch Rosemullion of Ottermouth 13

Kindrum Roulette 14

Tuppence and Penny were born 28-11-85 and were Blenheims

Bet

There are some pictures of Tuppence and some of the other dogs at the link to Bet's article that I put into my post closer to the top. Tuppence looked like such a sweet old thing. I laughed when I read that she was "still eating well" just prior to her death--she certainly looked as if she was! :lol:

Sorry to hear the loss of your boys, but they had long lives with someone who loved them and cared for them.

There are some good ages for those cavs.

et happens to have posted here today for the first time

Bet's actually been posting for a couple of weeks, now and then. She joined a while back. :) She has a couple of posts in the main section as well as in the Oldies picture gallery for example.

Karlin said:
et happens to have posted here today for the first time

Bet's actually been posting for a couple of weeks, now and then. She joined a while back. :) She has a couple of posts in the main section as well as in the Oldies picture gallery for example.
Sorry for the mischaracterization, Bet and Karlin. I guess I got the wrong impression from her thread of yesterday (and probably misread the number of posts under her name at that time). Sorry not to have caught your earlier posts, Bet!

It's hard to keep track of all the new folks and who posts where unless all you do is read every forum... I am sure none of you are that addicted? :lol:

luvzcavs said:
I know of a cav here in OZ who was grossly overweight for most of his life, had epilepsy, never got walked past the age of 10 and was fed on biscuits (sweet) , occasional chocolate and wait for it yuk yuk pedigree meaty bites for all of his life and he lived to be 16 years and 3 months. Can you believe it.

I knew a cav that was 4 stone over weight :yikes lived on thick buttered toast & take away. He got to over 13.

Its like the dogs you see roaming the streets never get taken to the vet , fed the cheapest food & live into their 20s.

Most of my dogs have died before 10 despite my efforts
Not fair is it.

But our first cav was about 14. she was already going grey when we got her & lived with us for 7 years.

Sorry to hear about your two boys Beanie.

My Cav Charlie is 14 yr 6 mo and still going, although he's starting to seem really old nowdays so he's probably not got long left.

Pepsi x

oldest cavlaier

Hi Pepsi,

I love your photo, reminds me of one of my boys, funny how they look so faded as they age. They still look so cute though...

Back