PDA

View Full Version : Loosing baby teeth

ann
1st April 2007, 08:19 PM
At what age do puppies start to loose their baby teeth? Ellie is 17 weeks and I found what looked like a double tooth .

Bruce H
1st April 2007, 09:26 PM
They start loosing their baby teeth around 4 to 5 months. It probably is a tooth you found. Just put it under her pillow; maybe the tooth fairy will bring her a little treat :D

Caraline
1st April 2007, 11:02 PM
maybe the tooth fairy will bring her a little treat :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Karlin
1st April 2007, 11:59 PM
I only ever found one of Jaspar's baby teeth; I gave it to my friends' little son and of course he loved it!

Nicki
2nd April 2007, 10:54 AM
ok if we're confessing - I have one of Rupert's baby teeth, it's stuck into his baby book, which Eukanuba were giving away at that time - lots of space for photos and places to write about your pup, and to draw around their paw :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just like a baby book but for puppies...I did ring them a couple of years later to see if they would do them again, they said that they had been incredibly popular but they didn't have any plans to make them again :(

Battie4
2nd April 2007, 11:04 AM
ok this might be a dumb question but I dont know the answer....so when a puppy starts to lose its baby teeth the teeth fall out right? As in I will find it around the house?

Caraline
2nd April 2007, 12:04 PM
ok this might be a dumb question but I dont know the answer....so when a puppy starts to lose its baby teeth the teeth fall out right? As in I will find it around the house?

You might be lucky enough to find one or two but I think most times they come out when the dog is chewing on something & they probably get swallowed.

I have a couple of my Sam's baby teeth. They are sitting on one of my shelves reserved for trinkets of a more unusual nature. icon_whistling

Battie4
2nd April 2007, 03:12 PM
o ok so its ok if they are swallowed then? GOod thing I asked otherwise I would have freaked when it happened if I saw him eating his own tooth or something haha

moniechris
2nd April 2007, 08:54 PM
I had the pleasure of stepping on one of Cody's molars with my bare feet :yikes MAN did that hurt!!

I found that ice cubes made Zoey's teething process go by quicker as she was always chomping on them. When I thought Zoey was super ill a few weeks back, she kept vomiting. I couldn't figure out why until I saw one of her back teeth was hanging in her mouth and making her gag. Poor baby. One fell swoop with a napkin and out it came. She immediately felt better and was prancing around. :?

Caraline
3rd April 2007, 01:00 AM
o ok so its ok if they are swallowed then? GOod thing I asked otherwise I would have freaked when it happened if I saw him eating his own tooth or something haha

:D Probably not as yummy as chicken neck bones, but a nice little source of calcium anyway.

Ginger's Mom
3rd April 2007, 01:49 AM
Just as a side info when we had Ginger fixed, the vet removed all her loose teeth since she was anestheized.. She had a few teeth that were hanging loose and were ready to fall out and I know she had a difficult time chewing stuff.. :flwr: