• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Loosing baby teeth

ann

At what age do puppies start to loose their baby teeth? Ellie is 17 weeks and I found what looked like a double tooth .

They start loosing their baby teeth around 4 to 5 months. It probably is a tooth you found. Just put it under her pillow; maybe the tooth fairy will bring her a little treat :D

I only ever found one of Jaspar's baby teeth; I gave it to my friends' little son and of course he loved it!

ok if we're confessing - I have one of Rupert's baby teeth, it's stuck into his baby book, which Eukanuba were giving away at that time - lots of space for photos and places to write about your pup, and to draw around their paw :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just like a baby book but for puppies...I did ring them a couple of years later to see if they would do them again, they said that they had been incredibly popular but they didn't have any plans to make them again :(

ok this might be a dumb question but I dont know the answer....so when a puppy starts to lose its baby teeth the teeth fall out right? As in I will find it around the house?

Battie4 said:
ok this might be a dumb question but I dont know the answer....so when a puppy starts to lose its baby teeth the teeth fall out right? As in I will find it around the house?

You might be lucky enough to find one or two but I think most times they come out when the dog is chewing on something & they probably get swallowed.

I have a couple of my Sam's baby teeth. They are sitting on one of my shelves reserved for trinkets of a more unusual nature. icon_whistling

o ok so its ok if they are swallowed then? GOod thing I asked otherwise I would have freaked when it happened if I saw him eating his own tooth or something haha

I had the pleasure of stepping on one of Cody's molars with my bare feet :yikes MAN did that hurt!!

I found that ice cubes made Zoey's teething process go by quicker as she was always chomping on them. When I thought Zoey was super ill a few weeks back, she kept vomiting. I couldn't figure out why until I saw one of her back teeth was hanging in her mouth and making her gag. Poor baby. One fell swoop with a napkin and out it came. She immediately felt better and was prancing around. :?

Battie4 said:
o ok so its ok if they are swallowed then? GOod thing I asked otherwise I would have freaked when it happened if I saw him eating his own tooth or something haha

:D Probably not as yummy as chicken neck bones, but a nice little source of calcium anyway.

Just as a side info when we had Ginger fixed, the vet removed all her loose teeth since she was anestheized.. She had a few teeth that were hanging loose and were ready to fall out and I know she had a difficult time chewing stuff.. :flwr:

Back