• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy shampoo?

Briland

What shampoo do you recommend for Helmsley? He's only nine weeks (go see him on the "Puppy Pics" board :flwr: ) but he's gotten dirty. We want to give him a bath!

We use an organic shampoo on Mary Alice.

Helmsley might be better off if you just rinse him off....if you shampoo dogs too frequently, you'll wash the oils from his skin.

Cavaliers can have terribly itchy skin if they get too dried out....he's very young. Most breeders bathe them before they go to their forever homes.

When our doggies get muddy, we just rinse them off with water or let the mud dry and then brush it off....as adults they require baths about every 2-3 months.

He's cute, saw his pics earlier! :)

Thanks for the info Zippy. Our breeder had not bathed him, she felt they were clean (and they were) but life at Helmsley's forever home has included lots of outdoor fun, where she kept the puppies in a large tiled room.

We use Fluffy Puppy My breeder gave it to me as part of Ellie's puppy pack We just gave Ellie her first bath this Saturday as she just finished her season and we figured it was time to clean up after that Ellie was great during the bath and blow drying (I think its because her breeder bathed her when she was young so she is use to it) After her bath she looked amazing!!! She didnt smell so doggy anymore and her coat was so silky, shiny, and soft!! I couldnt believe how wonderful she looked and felt. I definitely recommend Fluffy Puppy!

Just make sure it is a dog shampoo and creme rinse, people shampoos are not a good idea as the ph is not the same.

Personally I love the Hylite shampoo and rinse, amazing smell :D and it has fatty acids built into the product perfect, healty coat.

If you decide to bath him, use a puppy specific shampoo that is tearless. I'm Canadian so our products here are a bit different but I know lots on this board rave about Pet Silk and Miracle Coat (that we have here and I bought but havent used yet). But I do use puppy wipes at Petsmart that are for daily coat cleaning. They will remove smell, clean dirty paws and urine stains. The wipes are gentle for a puppies delicate skin to not cause itching and also have vit e etc.. to give them a nice shine. It actually helped reduce Kodees's dry, flakey skin as well. But at 17 wks she sure is due for a bath now!!

Ginger uses Crazy Dog Shampoo... It was recommended by a lot of people from this board. I bought a 12 oz one for $5.78 from dog.com which was a HUGE bargain compared to other stores! ;)

Back