View Full Version : Reagan and Thatcher

3rd April 2007, 06:39 PM
Hello from Charleston, South Carolina! I am the proud owner of two blenheim females, Reagan and Thatcher, though I won't be able to bring them home until the middle of May.

This forum looks great, and there is so much valuable information for someone who has never owned a KCS--I had a cockapoo growing up and a Jack Russell Terrier in college. Any advice for ways I can prepare to bring my girls home during the next 6 weeks?

3rd April 2007, 08:21 PM
Welcome! :flwr:

Yes it is a very good forum.

3rd April 2007, 09:13 PM
Welcome, you will love this forum a lot of information and advice. I have a tri color cav 2 years old named bobo and I have a cockapoo 7 months old named dusty.

4th April 2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome. My parents' cockapoo is 14 years old and is sadly on her way out; she's deaf, losing her eyesight, and dealing with some kidney issues. It's very sad.

My Jack Russell from college is with my old roommate, and unfortunately is being fed table food--and is no longer the lean running machine she was several years ago.

I am really looking forwar to getting Reagan and Thatcher--I am friends with a vet in town who has been so wonderful in helping me prepare for the pups.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice for training two puppies?

4th April 2007, 06:45 PM
Welcome! And congrats on your new additions. Looking forward to seeing pics of them soon. :)

5th April 2007, 12:03 AM
Hello, I'm guessing you're a conservative. ;) I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your lovely dogs! Welcome from a fellow Carolinian (N. Carolina). :flwr: -Natalie

5th April 2007, 11:27 PM
Welcome! Love those names. :D

6th April 2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks! I figured since Reagan and Thatcher are two of my favorite leaders, they are worthy names for my two favorite additions to my household! And, Ronald Reagan and a CKCS named Rex, so it all works.

Where are you in North Carolina, Natalie? I went to Wake Forest University and spent much time all over NC, especially in the Piedmont.

I will try to get some pictures up soon as soon as I figure out how to do it! All the dogs on here are so beautiful--what a great breed! I cannot wait to bring mine home.

6th April 2007, 11:25 PM
Al, I'm in Greensboro, but did live in Chapel Hill for 5 lovely years. G-boro not bad at all, though. Can't beat the cost of living! I've been to Charleston for a conference. Loved it ...the shopping, etc. but those bridges are crazy! they gave me the woozies. I'm not much of a heights person. Prefer to stay on the ground! :D -Natalie

13th April 2007, 07:47 PM
We have a new bridge that is wonderul. It's called the Arthur Ravenel, Jr. Bridge--check it out:

It has a pedestrian and cycling lane on the bay side, which I run several times a week. They don't allow dogs on the bridge, however! There are so many great (and safe) places for dogs, and I can't wait to take my puppies out on the town.

NC is a great place to live, and a few years ago, I almost took a job in Charlotte. I'm a beach person, so Charleston was the best choice for me!