• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Reagan and Thatcher

Al

Hello from Charleston, South Carolina! I am the proud owner of two blenheim females, Reagan and Thatcher, though I won't be able to bring them home until the middle of May.

This forum looks great, and there is so much valuable information for someone who has never owned a KCS--I had a cockapoo growing up and a Jack Russell Terrier in college. Any advice for ways I can prepare to bring my girls home during the next 6 weeks?

Welcome, you will love this forum a lot of information and advice. I have a tri color cav 2 years old named bobo and I have a cockapoo 7 months old named dusty.
judy

Thanks for the welcome. My parents' cockapoo is 14 years old and is sadly on her way out; she's deaf, losing her eyesight, and dealing with some kidney issues. It's very sad.

My Jack Russell from college is with my old roommate, and unfortunately is being fed table food--and is no longer the lean running machine she was several years ago.

I am really looking forwar to getting Reagan and Thatcher--I am friends with a vet in town who has been so wonderful in helping me prepare for the pups.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice for training two puppies?

Welcome! And congrats on your new additions. Looking forward to seeing pics of them soon. :)

Hello, I'm guessing you're a conservative. ;) I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your lovely dogs! Welcome from a fellow Carolinian (N. Carolina). :flwr: -Natalie

Thanks! I figured since Reagan and Thatcher are two of my favorite leaders, they are worthy names for my two favorite additions to my household! And, Ronald Reagan and a CKCS named Rex, so it all works.

Where are you in North Carolina, Natalie? I went to Wake Forest University and spent much time all over NC, especially in the Piedmont.

I will try to get some pictures up soon as soon as I figure out how to do it! All the dogs on here are so beautiful--what a great breed! I cannot wait to bring mine home.

Al, I'm in Greensboro, but did live in Chapel Hill for 5 lovely years. G-boro not bad at all, though. Can't beat the cost of living! I've been to Charleston for a conference. Loved it ...the shopping, etc. but those bridges are crazy! they gave me the woozies. I'm not much of a heights person. Prefer to stay on the ground! :D -Natalie

We have a new bridge that is wonderul. It's called the Arthur Ravenel, Jr. Bridge--check it out:

http://argraves-lab.musc.edu/images/small_Cooper_River_Bridge_2.jpg

It has a pedestrian and cycling lane on the bay side, which I run several times a week. They don't allow dogs on the bridge, however! There are so many great (and safe) places for dogs, and I can't wait to take my puppies out on the town.

NC is a great place to live, and a few years ago, I almost took a job in Charlotte. I'm a beach person, so Charleston was the best choice for me!

Back