PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the UK

hannahpanda
4th April 2007, 10:58 AM
Hello!
Im Hannah, im 20 and im from Manchester, England. My parents got a CKCS on sunday. Hes 9weeks old today, his pedigree name is Casstheo Classy Charmer :lol: and his name is Alfie :) (i wanted to call him Toby) He is adorable!! I'll post some pictures in the puppy pictures!
I've had a browse on this forum and cannot see any information on insurance, can anyone recommend any good lifelong insurers?

Hannah xx

natalieandmike
5th April 2007, 12:01 AM
Welcome, Hannah!and adorable Alfie!! I know that there are some threads on insurance out there. We have Petplan but I'm in the States so not sure if that will help you at all... It's www.gopetplan.com or something like that. Alfie is adorable!
:flwr: -Natalie

Lisa_T
6th April 2007, 03:02 AM
Welcome.

Marks and Spencers is one of the best for Cavs, because it *does* cover for inherited/ genetic conditions, always a good thing. My cover is £11 a month for my nine month old pup, and £9 a month for my nearly four year old Black and Tan girl. It's very competitive and very thorough- so don't delay, get it sorted out asap since there's a waiting period before you can claim. Although hopefully you won't need to do so for a long, long time!

Looking forward to seeing pics...

lorin
6th April 2007, 04:06 AM
Welcome aboard!!!

hannahpanda
6th April 2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks everyone :)
Alot of people have recommended M&S!!
xxx

tuna
6th April 2007, 11:08 AM
welcome!

Harry & Heidi's mom
11th April 2007, 08:21 PM
Welcome,

M&S are also good as they have no excess!!!

Mycavyangels
11th April 2007, 09:24 PM
Hey welcome to Cavalier talk:D

Joanne M
12th April 2007, 12:20 AM
Hello and welcome to you and Alfie. Be prepared to fall head over heels in love with him! Congratulations on the addition to your family.

Yvonne117
14th April 2007, 09:39 AM
I had M & S last year which was £11.00 when I renewed for the first time this year they told me it had all been restructered and my policy (excess now £50.00 instead of £75.00) which apart from this is the same is now nearly £20.00. I asked why such an increase and was told they now had more info as they had been around longer and as I have a male dog they usually cost more in vets fees. I asked how this could be when female dogs also have lots of extra bits which can require a vets treatment and was told it was because male dogs fight a lot more!!!!!!!! Just beware the first year is cheap then they sting you the second year. On saying that Alfies insurance is with petplan as he had treatment in his first 6 weeks which came with him so I had to continue with them for the policy as M & S would not cover anything already treated. This is £24.00 a month so it still makes M & S the cheaper.

animalcraker
14th April 2007, 09:48 AM
Wellcome to the board

mishmosh
14th April 2007, 02:22 PM
I was reading in the financial section of The Daily Telegraph last week and they compared all the pet insurers.

Tesco Pet Insurance came top as 'best buy'. Marks and Spencers came 2nd.

http://www.tescofinance.com/personal/finance/insurance/petins/index.jsp