PDA

View Full Version : Puppia Sizing

Donna27
4th April 2007, 11:52 PM
Yet another Puppia question...I too am new to the board, and my shop-a-holic instinct is to order Fiona a pretty purple Puppia NOW! haha :D Question is, she is currently about 12-13 pounds at 6 months old...now would she be a medium, or should I already think ahead and get her a large? I've seen different opinions on sizing. I'm thinking of just getting her the normal soft harness. Thanks!

Lynn
5th April 2007, 12:35 AM
My two are both in size Medium and I think Max is about 15 pounds and Molly is around 12.....and there are still many inches left of 'growth' in the adjusting to the puppias we have. I am HOPING that at almost 8 months they have almost stopped growing...lol....because I got into a buying frenzy this winter and bought too many. (we have 10)

Caraline
5th April 2007, 02:39 AM
I'd go with the medium for now. My 2 year old Sonny, weighing 7.5 kilograms (about 16 lbs) wears the large but set on the smallest sizing. It really is just his head that he needs the large size for. With a female, she may never need the large.

Roxanne
5th April 2007, 02:25 PM
I would say a Medium too ;)

blue_star
9th April 2007, 09:31 PM
I think its time to get Toby another, at the moment he is 12kilos. The large he has is getting a little too tight and I have a thinner one for the summer but would like a larger one for the winter. Does anyone know where I could find an XL for shipping to the UK? Or don't they go that high?

merlinsmum
9th April 2007, 10:17 PM
I'm sure I found somewhere the other day if Roxanne can't help you. It may have been the NewYork Dog shop - I think certain colours have been done in larger sizes.

Karlin
10th April 2007, 12:34 PM
Blue star: There's no reason to have them shipped from the US. Numerous shops in the UK carry them -- amongst them, www.petlondon.com, which is on Oxford St (if you ring them and are around London you cn just go in and buy one).

If you search Puppia and UK you will get a lot of sites. :)

Some:

http://www.designer-petwear.co.uk/
www.thedogboutique.co.uk
http://www.thedogweb.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=164&osCsid=0672d48d73456ea1eb86bed15c3e803f
http://www.bonniedogs.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=95

All three Irish sellers listed in the board members with online shops also all ship to the UK: www.Pet-Bliss.ie, www.Mollys.ie, www.Dogtrainingireland.ie.

blue_star
10th April 2007, 02:15 PM
Hi Karlin,
Thanks for those links. I've had a good look but none of them seem to stock puppia harnesses in an XL they mostly just do up to L. I'm frightened that an L will put too much strain on and off over Toby's head. I had a look at Crufts too while I was there but again no XL's. I am however going to email Pet London in case they have the odd XL flying around.

Lenee
10th April 2007, 02:42 PM
Try www.woofandwag.com I know they have XL puppias and I'm pretty sure they will ship to the UK. I just ordered my Charlie another puppia last week and they are great to deal with.

Mom_of_2_Cavies
10th April 2007, 02:55 PM
Donna, another vote for a medium. Mine (at ages one and almost two) weigh 18 and 20 pounds, respectively, and both wear medium regular puppias. It's perfect on Milly (18lbs). For Pepper, it's a teeny bit harder to get it off over his head, but not uncomfortably so. His head is larger (and he has a bit more fur on his ears, etc., being older).

So definitely go with a medium because it may work for the long haul.

Karlin
10th April 2007, 03:05 PM
Pet London is the national distributor for Puppia to the UK and Ireland, so I am sure they can order anything they do not have in stock. I'd just call them -- someone is there all day.

Holly
10th April 2007, 05:08 PM
How about for a 24 lb. dog? It's hard to tell by the sizing chart. Poor Oliver- his parents were both around 16 lbs and he's quite big! But, the vet said he isn't over-weight (he still has a waist!) just big-boned, with lots of fluffy fur! I tell him that he's not fat...just fluffy! :)

Cathy T
10th April 2007, 11:38 PM
Jake is about 21 lbs and Shelby about 19...both wear a large and it fits just right.

Holly
10th April 2007, 11:41 PM
So, he might need an extra-large then...

Linda
11th April 2007, 01:58 AM
You would most likely be safer getting the Xlarge as you can always tighten it to the smallest setting.:D :D

Dudley is about 16 lbs & Darby is about 15 lbs and they both wear a medium with lots of room to grow not that I want them to.;) ;) ;)

Julie S
11th April 2007, 03:17 AM
Too bad Fiona is a little too big for a small. When I thought we were getting a girl, I jumped the gun :rolleyes: and got "her" a small purple.

Any takers? :p

Cathy T
11th April 2007, 03:41 AM
Julie - Scout will look fabulous in purple....seriously!! I think purple can go for boy or girl. Does anyone remember Donny Osmond's purple socks?

Karlin
11th April 2007, 09:45 AM
I agree, purple is good for boys. I am going to get the purple jacket style Puppia for Jaspar. I like that purple mesh for males or females.

Roxanne
11th April 2007, 11:12 AM
I like purple for the boys too ! Keep it !!

coconut
11th April 2007, 12:26 PM
Baxter is in a small and it is too big for him but it does the job and freddie is in a medium and the same medium is a bit to big for him as well!!

Donna27
11th April 2007, 08:04 PM
Too bad Fiona is a little too big for a small. When I thought we were getting a girl, I jumped the gun :rolleyes: and got "her" a small purple.

Any takers? :p

Grrr we almost got her a purple! I'd buy it from you if she was small enough...oh well. Are you sure Scout cant be Metro and wear purple? :) I ended up getting Fiona green. I thought it would be pretty with her Blen coloring.

Julie S
11th April 2007, 09:23 PM
Really? :D:D:D

Ok, then. You just may see Scout in HIS purple. ;)

Julie S
11th April 2007, 09:24 PM
Grrr we almost got her a purple! I'd buy it from you if she was small enough...oh well. Are you sure Scout cant be Metro and wear purple? :) I ended up getting Fiona green. I thought it would be pretty with her Blen coloring.

Hee hee. Oh yes, Scout is definitely going to be on the metrosexual side. :D He already has a blue cupcake collar, a pending crystal tag from Roxanne, and a Juicy tee. ;)

natalieandmike
11th April 2007, 09:27 PM
Adorable metro Scout! Just be sure Elton John doesn't dognap him when he's in town...:razz: -Natalie
I do like Blenheims in green, too... (and plaid, and purple, and...)

Donna27
11th April 2007, 09:40 PM
Hee hee. Oh yes, Scout is definitely going to be on the metrosexual side. :D He already has a blue cupcake collar, a pending crystal tag from Roxanne, and a Juicy tee. ;)

LOL, you got him a Juicy tee?? That will be adorable. I'm trying to convince Fiona's daddy that she needs a Coach collar, but that might be stretching it. ;)

Julie S
11th April 2007, 09:54 PM
It says, "King of the Universe."

LOLOLOLOLOL :D:rolleyes:

Donna27
11th April 2007, 10:00 PM
It says, "King of the Universe."

LOLOLOLOLOL :D:rolleyes:

hahahaha, Julie I think we'd get along :) Nothing like California girls with adorable puppies! hahaha

Heather Kay
23rd April 2007, 06:17 PM
Definitely a medium. My girl just weighed in at 4 lbs 11 oz at eight weeks and two weeks later has almost outgrown her small puppia. The problem is there is still room around her middle to grow into it, but her head can barely fit through the neck hole!