PDA

View Full Version : Need Info on Cavalier Book

Karen S.
6th April 2007, 05:41 PM
Hello to all,
Back some time again some of the list talked about a Cavalier book with wonderful pictures. Can someone give me some information on the name and where to purchase it. I remember someone said it was a little pricey if that helps.
Thak You,

enchantingdragon
6th April 2007, 05:46 PM
Youre probably talking about Barbara Garnett-Wilson's book "The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel in Fact and Fancy" Here is the link to the site where you can purchase it

http://www.laughingcavaliers.com/in-fact-and-fancy.htm

This is the author's website

I also saw it recently on Dogwise for cheaper Not sure if its signed by the author though if you dont buy it from her

http://www.dogwise.com/ItemDetails.cfm?ID=B0700

Its a beautiful book and well worth the money :D

Karen S.
6th April 2007, 06:11 PM
That's it! Thank you so much. I am going to order one today.

merlinsmum
6th April 2007, 06:23 PM
I want to order one but the redirection site is in german or som thing and I can't figure out the fields :?

Karlin
7th April 2007, 12:15 AM
Where are you getting the redirect? That sounds like a hacked link. :yikes

Also -- I think the price is pretty much the same -- it is about $9 more on her own site but that INCLUDES priority shipping plus she will sign and dedicate the book. The Dogwise price doesn;t include shipping. :thmbsup:

This is a wonderful book! All US cavaliers pictured though, which for those of us this side of the water is perhaps a bit disappointing -- I'd have liked to see a broader representation of kennel affixes and international dogs as a lot of the dogs are from the same smallish group of breeders... but the illustrations throughout are wonderful and it is a real coffee table book to enjoy anytime.

gocamping
9th April 2007, 11:50 PM
This books is worth every penny. I ordered it directly from the author. She writes a personalized note that you request and she even added a little. I like folks that take the extra time. Enjoy it! I feel like it is the only book I will ever need on cavaliers.

Darby's Mom
10th April 2007, 07:55 PM
I agree with Karlin - order straight from Barbara at her Laughing Cavaliers website. The book is absolutely phenomenal, and DEFINITELY (like everybody else has attested) worth EVERY penny! This is a MUST-HAVE for any Cavalier owner of fancier!

Ginger's Mom
11th April 2007, 03:40 AM
I bought mine through them directly and everything was very prompt-- I received the book in less than a week.

She will accept payment through PayPal if you have an account or otherwise I believe you can also send her a check. I'd call them to talk.

I spoke to both Barbara and Roy when I placed the order and they're very very wonderful people. Barbara even asked my and my pup's name for her autograph on the book.

This is the most "visually satisfying" Cavalier book I've owned. As everyone confirms, this book is worth EVERY PENNY. I ended up getting 2 more books -- one for my mummy and another for Ginger's breeder.

Enjoy!!!