PDA

View Full Version : NY/NJ/CT People: Doggy Day at Shea Stadium

Lani
9th April 2007, 03:37 PM
http://www.nsalamerica.org/feature/dogdayshea2007/

I'm not a huge Mets fan (I'm from St. Louis, okay ... any Missouri board members who were around in the 80's will understand ...!!), but this looks like a BLAST!!!

Is anyone going?

My sister and I are going to take the doggies I think. Should be a blast!!!

nangel519
9th April 2007, 03:46 PM
That is amazing!!! I WISH I could take Sadie, she's still a little too young to be put out in public areas (she's getting her third round of shots tonight)

Lani - enjoy it!!! I will be there next year!

enchantingdragon
9th April 2007, 05:26 PM
Thats my friend's birthday and she is a HUGE Mets fan so I emailed her asking if she wanted to do that for her birthday I hope so as itll be a fun way to celebrate her birthday and I can bring Ellie too! Ill let you know Lani and maybe Ellie can finally meet Lucky!

Lani
9th April 2007, 05:28 PM
It would be great to see you and Ellie there Jasmine! :-)

Shelly91180
9th April 2007, 08:34 PM
I'm going to try to convince my husband to let us take Finley. His surgery is this week, so we'll see. Do you think he will be healed enough to go?

Lani
9th April 2007, 08:55 PM
Shelly - can you remind us how old Finley is and what the surgery is for?

Sorry, I know you probably mentioned it before and I've just forgotten!

Donna27
9th April 2007, 10:59 PM
Oh my goodness, Fiona's daddy is a HUGE Mets fan, I wish we could go!!! Almost worth flying out from California? :)

Lani
9th April 2007, 11:08 PM
LOL! It'd be so cool if you did. Don't you need a weekend get away to NYC anyway? And April is probably a good time to go before the fares increase in the summer time ...

Donna27
10th April 2007, 12:05 AM
HAHAHA I would LOVE a weekend getaway to NYC....I almost convinced my Mets man, but he said we should just wait until the Giants have a doggy day. Maybe next year at Shea!

natalieandmike
10th April 2007, 12:14 AM
That is the coolest thing to have a 'doggy day' --we only have a minor league team here (please don't laugh, it's the Greensboro Grasshoppers, okay, go ahead, laugh now)... Bianca wants you to save a hot dog for her at a REAL baseball game! (Karlin, we'll make sure its Hebrew National..);) My brother and I grew up big Chicago baseball fans (but we root for the Sox and Cubs respectively). Donna, if you're heading to NYC I want to come too! I've never been! :o-Natalie

Shelly91180
10th April 2007, 03:06 AM
Finley is six months. It's his (whispering so Fin doesn't hear) winkie whacking surgery.

Lani
10th April 2007, 04:39 AM
LOL ....!!! Lucky was actually neutered before I got him, but as I understand it, that surgery is pretty minor (although Finley might disagree ...) and the recovery time is very short. Spays as I understand them are a bit more complex and require a longer recovery.

I totally think Finley should be recovered in plenty of time, but I'm sure there are more experienced male doggie owners who can provide first hand feedback. You could also call your vet just to be sure (I probably would), but I'd expect he'd say it is okay.

Shelly91180
10th April 2007, 01:02 PM
That's what I was thinking. As long as he doesn't go crazy, he is very attracted to large dogs and always wants to play with them. I'm sure he'd be fine. I sent the link to my husband so I'll just have to wait and see what he thinks. Although, I know he already thinks I'm crazy because of this dog. Oh well, it's just life with a cavalier.