• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

NY/NJ/CT People: Doggy Day at Shea Stadium

That is amazing!!! I WISH I could take Sadie, she's still a little too young to be put out in public areas (she's getting her third round of shots tonight)

Lani - enjoy it!!! I will be there next year!

Thats my friend's birthday and she is a HUGE Mets fan so I emailed her asking if she wanted to do that for her birthday I hope so as itll be a fun way to celebrate her birthday and I can bring Ellie too! Ill let you know Lani and maybe Ellie can finally meet Lucky!

I'm going to try to convince my husband to let us take Finley. His surgery is this week, so we'll see. Do you think he will be healed enough to go?

Shelly - can you remind us how old Finley is and what the surgery is for?

Sorry, I know you probably mentioned it before and I've just forgotten!

Oh my goodness, Fiona's daddy is a HUGE Mets fan, I wish we could go!!! Almost worth flying out from California? :)

LOL! It'd be so cool if you did. Don't you need a weekend get away to NYC anyway? And April is probably a good time to go before the fares increase in the summer time ...

HAHAHA I would LOVE a weekend getaway to NYC....I almost convinced my Mets man, but he said we should just wait until the Giants have a doggy day. Maybe next year at Shea!

That is the coolest thing to have a 'doggy day' --we only have a minor league team here (please don't laugh, it's the Greensboro Grasshoppers, okay, go ahead, laugh now)... Bianca wants you to save a hot dog for her at a REAL baseball game! (Karlin, we'll make sure its Hebrew National..);) My brother and I grew up big Chicago baseball fans (but we root for the Sox and Cubs respectively). Donna, if you're heading to NYC I want to come too! I've never been! :eek:-Natalie

LOL ....!!! Lucky was actually neutered before I got him, but as I understand it, that surgery is pretty minor (although Finley might disagree ...) and the recovery time is very short. Spays as I understand them are a bit more complex and require a longer recovery.

I totally think Finley should be recovered in plenty of time, but I'm sure there are more experienced male doggie owners who can provide first hand feedback. You could also call your vet just to be sure (I probably would), but I'd expect he'd say it is okay.

That's what I was thinking. As long as he doesn't go crazy, he is very attracted to large dogs and always wants to play with them. I'm sure he'd be fine. I sent the link to my husband so I'll just have to wait and see what he thinks. Although, I know he already thinks I'm crazy because of this dog. Oh well, it's just life with a cavalier.

Back