• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My littlest house guests! Kittens!!

moniechris

Sooooo, somehow I volunteered for Cavalier rescue and I am now fostering 3 week old kittens. :D These sweet babies need to be bottle fed every 4 hours so they come with me to work as well. Here are some shots! (they are so little they look like aliens!!)
Wrestle Mania!!
kittiesandcritters032.jpg

Dinner time??!!
kittiesandcritters046.jpg

Buddah belly
kittiesandcritters034.jpg

Wolverine
kittiesandcritters030.jpg

Oh dear god...what did mom bring home this time???
kittiesandcritters020.jpg

Is it edible?
kittiesandcritters037.jpg

What in the world are they doing in there??
kittiesandcritters041.jpg

Screw the kittens!! I want what their eating!
kittiesandcritters038.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them! There are many more to come!

Awww those babies are so sweet They make me think of my 2 when we first got them. I love the pups reactions to them too! Im so glad those kittens are being cared for by someone as loving and kind as you and I know they will have a wonderful home for them soon.

I feel so bad for the millions of kittens just like them who wont be so lucky as kitten season comes upon us though

They are very cute, so tiny.
If I was allowed to take my kids into work or any living furry warm animal for that matter I wouldn't get any work done. Too busy snuggling.

I'm so glad you are far away as I have a bit of an obsession with calicos and torties... :lol: I'd snatch that little one in a minute. :lotsaluv:

That's great you've taken that crowd in! Jaspar has been known to suckle kittens BTW though not producing much joy for the kittens. :) I always watch the dogs pretty carefully -- I always worry their memories will forget they know what a kitten is, and a running kitten will suddenly look like a fuzzy chew toy. :eek: Actually I wouldn't trust Lily at all, she WOULD eat anything, but the boys are very good.

Karlin: Zoey is quite patient and waits for the kitties to finish eating so she can lick the milk off of their faces.:D All of my guys are so gentle and are very good with them (but I still watch them closely because they are big and clumsy). Zoey looooooves cats and thinks that she now has mini cats of her very own (Bacon and Ohana are quite thankful that she is distracted). She really looks after them and nudges them back on to the towel if they wander off. It cracks me up.:luv:

and waits for the kitties to finish eating so she can lick the milk off of their faces

:luv: Oh how cute that must be! jaspar and Leo were so funny with the first batch of foster kittens they met here -- they just couldn't figure them out and of course the kittens attached themselves to the boys and followed them around and always wanted to get into their beds. Result:

904064_12d4ee0ef6.jpg

At first the dogs would all bark at the kittens but pretty soon they looked forward to visits.

The last batch of fosters I had when Lily had been here for about two months; she seemed OK but I would just never trust her as I would the boys, not until a kitten was old enough to intimidate her back with a hiss (say 3-4 months)! She's great with my four cats now though -- something I never thought I'd see as initially she did go after them and had to be carefully controlled.

Well...word of mouth actually. I was talking with one of my co workers about cavalier rescue and she told me about how she works for St. Francis rescue (which is all breed, cats and dogs). I offered to bottle feed babies as I have a lot of experience doing it (kittens just seem to make their way into my life quite frequently. I found babies jogging not too long ago, and 3 more when I was house shopping):confused: Two days later, I got a phone call and here they are!

Honestly, I love doing this. As long as they sleep through the night, I could bottle feed kittens every day of my life. They are just too precious! :luv:

Back