PDA

View Full Version : Sherpa Carriers

enchantingdragon
10th April 2007, 10:46 PM
Well we are going to the Mets on the 21st which means that I need a carrier for Miss Ellie pronto as we will be taking the train from NJ to NY and then the subway all the way to Queens. I have been looking and it seems Sherpas can accommodate her length, height, and weight which is good as most carriers are just a little too tight for her. Has anyone used them before? Are they good? Easy to carry? My husband will be there so he can carry her if I cant but I was hoping for something I could use later on as well if I ever needed to take her someplace with me as well. Any other brands you guys suggest that are better? I went this weekend looking for carriers but its so hard as most are made for the tinier toy breeds and Miss Ellie is just a little too big for most. Thanks!

natalieandmike
10th April 2007, 11:16 PM
I'm a big celltei fan, because I think their carriers are quite well-made, but for occasional use, I think the Sherpas are a bit cheaper. I know a friend who has one and it seems just fine. I like the backpack-o-pet and tote-o-pet in the Celltei line (their large is similar dimensions to the Sherpa). -Good luck! -Natalie
ps there are quite a few threads on this in the 'shopaholics' section...may be of help...

Lenee
11th April 2007, 02:45 PM
I am a fan of the Celltei too. I ordered one a few weeks ago and I can't wait to start using it. The staff is very friendly and I'm sure they would help you find the best carrier for Miss Ellie. If you think you will get a lot of use out of it you may want to consider paying a little more and getting the Celltei. Good luck.

shell nyc
12th April 2007, 04:59 PM
Ellie's going to a Met's game??? That's awesome!

Back on topic, this is the carrier I purchased for Winston when his first plane ride came up suddenly at age 12 weeks or so. http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444180 6741&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302035812&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023689&bmUID=1176393160301&itemNo=107&Nao=96&Ntt=bag&In=All&previousText=bag&N=2

He's now over 5 months, 12lbs and it still works for him! It was fairly cheap, but is holding up...20K airline miles and counting plus subways, etc. I had never heard of Celltei but they do look snazzy...may have to check it out...

Gingers Mommy
12th April 2007, 05:07 PM
Gingers first carry bag was a sherpa, she snuggled right up in it and I traveled with her by car and air with it. You can get them at petco or pet stores. I actually ordered a celltei but it takes 4-6 weeks to deliver- and it doesnt seem that you have enough time for that! I also did purchase a sherpa "tote" which is comfortable and much less discreet then the more common sherpa. If your not going to use it for flying then I would try out that one. Ginger jumps RIGHT into hers and loves it, seemingly more than the regular sherpa.