• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sherpa Carriers

enchantingdragon

Well we are going to the Mets on the 21st which means that I need a carrier for Miss Ellie pronto as we will be taking the train from NJ to NY and then the subway all the way to Queens. I have been looking and it seems Sherpas can accommodate her length, height, and weight which is good as most carriers are just a little too tight for her. Has anyone used them before? Are they good? Easy to carry? My husband will be there so he can carry her if I cant but I was hoping for something I could use later on as well if I ever needed to take her someplace with me as well. Any other brands you guys suggest that are better? I went this weekend looking for carriers but its so hard as most are made for the tinier toy breeds and Miss Ellie is just a little too big for most. Thanks!

I'm a big celltei fan, because I think their carriers are quite well-made, but for occasional use, I think the Sherpas are a bit cheaper. I know a friend who has one and it seems just fine. I like the backpack-o-pet and tote-o-pet in the Celltei line (their large is similar dimensions to the Sherpa). -Good luck! -Natalie
ps there are quite a few threads on this in the 'shopaholics' section...may be of help...

Last edited:
I am a fan of the Celltei too. I ordered one a few weeks ago and I can't wait to start using it. The staff is very friendly and I'm sure they would help you find the best carrier for Miss Ellie. If you think you will get a lot of use out of it you may want to consider paying a little more and getting the Celltei. Good luck.

Ellie's going to a Met's game??? That's awesome!

Back on topic, this is the carrier I purchased for Winston when his first plane ride came up suddenly at age 12 weeks or so. http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...07&Nao=96&Ntt=bag&In=All&previousText=bag&N=2

He's now over 5 months, 12lbs and it still works for him! It was fairly cheap, but is holding up...20K airline miles and counting plus subways, etc. I had never heard of Celltei but they do look snazzy...may have to check it out...

Gingers first carry bag was a sherpa, she snuggled right up in it and I traveled with her by car and air with it. You can get them at petco or pet stores. I actually ordered a celltei but it takes 4-6 weeks to deliver- and it doesnt seem that you have enough time for that! I also did purchase a sherpa "tote" which is comfortable and much less discreet then the more common sherpa. If your not going to use it for flying then I would try out that one. Ginger jumps RIGHT into hers and loves it, seemingly more than the regular sherpa.

Back