• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poo eating

coconut

Freddie use to eat his poo when he was a pup and now if u turn ur back he is eating baxter (12 wks old) poo, baxter is copying freddie and it is driving me mad!! :-(

How do i stop this from happening?

Can anyone tell me where in ireland i can get good breath freshers for dogs as his breath sinks.

I have seen this replied to by a vet on another board. There have been suggestions of feeding them pineapple or there is stuff called Forbid you can add to their food but the vet is adamant that the best preventative is to remove all poo immediately and hence remove temptation. They should stop doing it after a while if this is done:xfngr:

:xctly:

Also this is the time to be teaching the 'leave it' and 'drop it' commands... if you haven't done obedience yet this would be a great time to take Freddie to a class. :) Actually both would be able to start classes (separately of course).

The only thing that will clean their breath is a good chew of some sort -- a rawhide, greenie, pizzle stick, dentastix or similar. You may not care for the pizzle stick odour but I think it at least helps clean their moth and teeth when they have been eating poo! The problem is once they eat it they will have poor breath for hours -- it isn't just their mouth, it is now in their digestive syste and will stay on their breath.

Sophie eats cats poo, and I can't be out there looking for all the cats' poos that come into our yard. Its gross!!

I had freddie booked into classes but he was sick so we are waiting for the next one to come around! I do say leave it but sometime it is to late, i do try to remove all the poo straight away but i think i am going to have to be quicker!!

I will get some of what u have recommended to chew on!! unfortunatly freddie is not allowed greenies as they don't agree with his tummy

Back