• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Thinking of getting another!!!

lolas mum

Hi Me and Lolas dad have been discussing buying another furbaby,we always wanted to have 2 but wanted to just have one at a time IYKWIM.

Well Lola is 7 months now and i dont want to wait till shes older before we have another.

For those of you that have 2 or more,is there a good age to get another?

I will only buy from my breeder as she has such a good reputation and breeds very healthy pups and screens them for health issues too so it could be a while but thought id get the ball rolling.

Last edited:
It's best to wait til she is at least a year to 18 months because having a puppy around will really take away from the time you can spend with her, and if she isn't trained (house and obedience) this will be very difficult to do with two. Of course if you put your name down now, that is probably the earliest puppies would be available anyway. :)

If you are serious about a puppy, then I'd really focus right now on getting Lola into a good rewards based obedience class or two and aim for the trained adult that you want because it will all come to a halt when a puppy arrives. Most breeders advise waiting til at least 12 months and ideally about 18 to add a second puppy to a house so the first gets proper attention and training. :dogwlk:

Hi Karlin, Thats the age we had in mind really.It could be about a year before we actually get another but we have been talking about it.

It took 2 years to get Lola as i said before i would only buy from a reputable breeder that carries out health checks.

Lola has been going to classes for about 13 weeks now shes in the second puppy class,they run for 8 weeks a time and she loves them and has learnt so much bless her.

We just got our 2nd and Indy is just about 18 months, so I agree with that age. Indy is well trained now, so we only have to struggle with one. ;)

Back