• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The role of the spaniel

brid kenny

The other day I was explaining to someone that PHOEBE WAS MORE THAN A TOY DOG. She had plenty of spaniel in her but I actually don't know waht that really means. Can anyone shed some light?

I say that they have the "toy" part in their size and the "spaniel" part in their chasing birds and playing ball.

our Cavs are gun dogs!

Thank you, I know that Tucker would make an excellent hunting dog. He's a bird dog all the way. I have a pesky little bird that keeps finding his way onto my screen porch. Tucker has become vigilant in searching birds out in the bushes around the house. He sits or stands in a point staring, other times he barks and tries to run them away from our yard. The birds wake him up every single morning at the crack of dawn. Squirrels are another target for Tucker. He's an amazing retriever, I love to watch him flatten his body out to get a ball that has rolled under furniture, he always comes out with it. Sometimes I think he's made of rubber he's able to squeeze under the tightest spots.

I am laughing out loud now b/c Lucky is soooooo distracted these last few nice days we have. His natural instincts to chase birds and squirrels is SOOO apparent.

Today we were walking and came across a birds egg (hatched). First walk I said "leave it" and he left it (though he was so incredibly attracted to it ...). Second walk I didn't even get but a glipse of it, and I swear ... I think he at the little shell. I hope it is just more calcium for his little patellas ...

And as hard as it is for us to really practice our heeling for his class, I just love seeing those little spaniel instincts when we are walking. He enjoys it so much and it clearly makes him so happy to see those birds & squirrels. :)

Back