• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Future Cavalier Owner

Katrin

Hello All!
I don't have a Cavalier yet but decided to join this board anyway to learn from and get in touch with as many people as possible who have experience with Cavaliers.
I've been wanting a Cavalier for about a year now but the time just hasn't been right.
I'm relocating from the States to the UK in September as I will be going to school there but I was thinking that once I'm in school again I may have more flexibility as far as time and schedule goes and that it may be the ideal time to get my Cavalier then.
Are there any students here that have a Cavalier?
It would be interesting to hear how they manage and what their experience has been.

On a more serious note: I am concerned about the many health issues that this wonderful breed can be afflicted with and hope to learn a lot here before I start looking into reputable breeders that do all the necessary testing etc.
When the time comes I would also appreciate breeder recommendations (granted that is s.th. that this board allows).

So, for now it's just me but hopefully soon (within the next year and a half or so) I hope to be owned by a Cavalier :)

Hi and welcome. This is a wonderful forum that is a wealth of knowledge for anyone interested in the breed. I joined this board before I had my first Cavalier as well so no worries about that :D

As for health issues the breed definitely has them and though there are no guarantees in life make sure wherever you purchase your Cavalier from they do health tests and screenings for all their dogs and they never breed a dog that has health problems. That is so so important. A reputable breeder will want to ask you questions about your lifestyle as well and make sure that their puppy is going to best possible home for it. Im sure there are members here if you PM them that can send you in the right direction to find a good breeder since you are moving to another country and all and might not know where to start. In the end a good breeder cant guarantee that the pup you buy will always be healthy but if they screen and do all the necessary checks this is the best way to lessen the risks so that you will get a healthy happy Cavalier. Best of luck and feel free to ask questions ;)

Welcome Katrin!

This board is full of knowledge and there are many on the board who can answer any questions that you may have on anything Cavalier from feeding and grooming to eating underwear issues! :D

Have fun browsing the different forums, i'm sure you'll find many answers to some questions you may have!

Back