• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Babygrow/Onesie & Tail Hole Question

Gracie's Mommy

Gracie is getting spayed on Wednesday, so I bought a pack of onesies today at Marshall's. I'm curious to hear from others who have used this most excellent idea! How did you get the tail hole in the right place?? I was thinking that I could put it on her and mark a dot so I know where to cut when it's off her. Is that the best way? How did you do it?

Oh, also, how did you decide the right size? I got the 6-9 months one since the 9-12 months looked a little big. Gracie is 6 months (today!) and about 8 pounds.

Thanks!

I have been wondering the same thing. I bought the newborn size because I wanted then to be a little snug and they looked about the right length.
We arent scheduled for spaying until May 1, but I am so glad you are asking the question.

I have been wondering the same thing. I bought the newborn size because I wanted then to be a little snug and they looked about the right length.
We arent scheduled for spaying until May 1, but I am so glad you are asking the question.

I found 6 assorted sizes at a garage sale for a dollar-- the small didn't fit as well as the medium fit for a 12 pound dog. I used them on my girl when she had a cyst removed from her side.

I got one that was a little bit loose on Darby when he was neutered, just put it on mark the spot and cut the hole after you take it off.

It sure beats them wearing those cones, funny looking but does the job.:) :) :) :) :)

Thanks for your replies everyone! Very helpful! Just wanted to report that I was able to try her in the 6-9 months onesies tonight (I was out of town this weekend).

Gracie is only 8 lbs, but very long. I'm definitely glad that I didn't by the 9-12 months as it definitely would have been too big! I think that the 6-9 months will work, although it's a bit lose around the neck. The problem with going any smaller (like newborn size) is that I think it would be too short.

I made a dot for the tail...I'll cut that and try it on again tomorrow to decide for sure. Thanks for the help. Considering that we don't have kids yet, I realized that I really have no idea what a general onesie size is! LOL...actually, I kind of thought I might find some that were one size fits all! LOL! :eek:

Lindsay,

I'm looking forward to seeing Gracie and Star together at the next Minnesota cavalier get together. Gracie is such a sweet little petite thing (6 months and 8 pounds - wow!), while Star the tomboy is over 11 pounds at 4-1/2 months. And that's all skin and bones and legs...:dogwlk:

Hi Barb! Yes, Gracie is very petite. I worry that she's too thin, from time to time, but she seems well proportioned...has a well defined waist, but defintely can't see ribs. She still has a lot of leg to grow into, though! Interestingly, she has been filling out recently but not putting on much extra weight. I suspect she'll be in the 12 pound range when it's all said and done, but we'll see. She's also very much a girly girl! She doesn't like to go out in the rain, but does't mind walking in mud puddles after the fact, so I guess she's got a little tomboy in her! Do you know if there is a Spring MN Get-together planned?

Back