• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi, from Cork, Ireland

Rosspenn

Hello,
I just joined today. I am a Cavalier owner, breeder, and shower. I own the prefix Rosspenn and I have been showing for about 10 year. If you wish to see my Cavaliers you can vist my website at www.rosspenncavaliers.com.
I am interested in health issues, showing, breeding and general topics about Cavaliers.
I am a member of the UK Cavalier Club (Parent club), Irish Cavalier Club and the NI Cavalier club.
I have three children that also show.
Not much else to tell about myself.
I hope that the site will help me and perhaps I may be able to add something useful from time to time.
Regards,
Lionel

Lionel,

Hello and welcome. How nice to see another Corkonian has joined the board!!!

I'm sure you'll find that this board is a wonderful resource and that the people here are so very friendly and helpful.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and about your cavs.

Welcome to the board. icon_welcome

We have a few UK CKCS club members here and a couple of Irish club members as well, lurking in the background. :) I always especially welcome breeders with a strong interest in breed health as this is so important, particularly at the moment with research showing such a high rates of affectedness for both MVD and syringomyelia in the breed. Good breeders are of course the caretakers of the breed and very important and are certainly honoured here. :)

I always have thought it unfortunate that the Irish breed club doesn't have a proper website to highlight issues like this and keep breeders informed (I kow they have a small site but it really isn't updated and has so little information), and maybe to also to begin to offer low cost cardiologist screening at breed events in the way that is routinely done in the US, Canada, and the UK. Meanwhile, I am happy to provide info here (I actually am working to set up a low cost cardiologist screening for our Irish board members or anyone from the club that may be interested, thru UCD vet school) and keep Irish puppy buyers informed, and do offer a calendar for any breed club events or cvalier related events anywhere. Any member can add events on the calendar and I'd love to get some Irish club events/health clinics up there, if they are happening. :) So do feel free to note any events you'd like!

On current breed health issues, you might find these two threads by our member Bet Hargreaves of particular interest:

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=17171
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=17240

They generated quite a bit of discussion here recently and of course you will be familiar with Bet's name as the 'queen of the pedigrees' for cavaliers :lol: and a strong campaigner for years in the UK club and globally, for cardiologist testing for hearts and for mandatory following of the MVD protocol.

She is also very focused on MRI scanning now for syringomyelia, something we have been discussing quite a bit as I run the CKCS SM Information site:

www.sm.cavaliertalk.com

So we have a lively range of talk here on everything from buying glitzy collars and harnesses to training to serious health issues and promoting best breeding practice. Hope you'll enjoy!

hi lional

hi from justine glad you figgured it out,will be at show on sat hope to see you there,if you are going.

"I always have thought it unfortunate that the Irish breed club doesn't have a proper website to highlight issues like this and keep breeders informed (I kow they have a small site but it really isn't updated and has so little information), and maybe to also to begin to offer low cost cardiologist screening at breed events in the way that is routinely done in the US, Canada, and the UK."
I totally agree. That should be something our club is doing.

Regards,
Lionel

Hi Lionel,
Welcome. It's nice to see a couple of Cork people on the board. I'm from there myself and hope to move back shortly.

Hello

Hello Lionel,

I too am new on here!

Do you come over to the UK for any of our shows or do you just do the Irish circuit?

icon_welcome

Cathryn

i have shown a few times in UK but never have won any tickets. My best result was 4th in open bitch at the club show. There were a number of Champions behind me so it was not a bad result.
It is just too expensive to travel over to the UK shows.
Regards,
Lionel

Back