• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

travelling into Britain

laram

I was wondering has anyone had any experiences travelling into Britain or Ireland with dogs? I've heard that dogs don't need to go into quarantine anymore if they are microchipped and have the right vaccinations. But the whole process still sounds very complicated. Is it doable?

I would love to bring Sammy back to my home country (N.Ireland) for a holiday, but it seems it would be a very complex, expensive prosess.

It is both reltively expensive and complicated. You need to to go through the Pet Passport scheme application which takes a minimum of 7 months (6 months to wait after going thru the rabies vaccine and blood tests a month later sent to a specified lab). You have to pay cargo shipping costs to bring a dog into the UK or Ireland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_passport

Oh dear, perhaps I will never manage it :( Sammy will have to be Finnish through and through (sounds like I'm talking about a child :eek:).

Back