• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

animal planet tonight...divine canine

laurenlyn1

tonight at 10 CST on animal planet there's a show called divine canine with the monks of new skete. they are going to teach a spoiled ckcs how to be an ordinary dog. i just checked out what was going to be on tv and saw this. not sure if anyone has pointed this our yet, or seen it, but i thought i would mention it. :)

I think I saw a link to it on another board. I watched it at 8pm Eastern Time and it was cute - the only thing I did not like was that they way they walked the dogs with what appears to be a choke collar and neck pops to do corrections.

It made me kinda sad because clearly they don't know anything about SM in this breed or they wouldn't have trained the dog in that way. :(

That said - the dog was so cute and so smart and picked up really quickly.

Enjoy Lauren. Be sure to watch "It's me of the Dog" afterwards too - also really good and she uses more positive reinforcement vs. corrections.

Lani, I agree with you. Those 'neck pops' made me cringe. However, though, the fact that those people obviously knew nothing about WALKING your dog (to help prevent obesity) also annoyed the heck out of me. I hope I'm not thinking incorrectly (the camera adds how much?) but that dog looked pretty chunky to me. I'm always glad , however, to see them improve in the end. :flwr: Natalie

Natalie, I couldn't believe they took the dog on walks in the stroller instead of on a leash. I know some of us have strollers but I doubt any of us use them instead of leash walking! I couldn't believe it. (and that said - I still want a stroller, but not to replace his walks!!! Only so I can sneak him along on trips to the park where dogs are not allowed and shopping trips to the outlet stores ...)

You've got that right Lani! I have a stroller but it's only after they've done their exercise that they get to ride in the stroller.;)

I bet things will even change more for this dog once their first child is born. Sometimes people are so clueless....

Back