PDA

View Full Version : wanted

Justine
18th April 2007, 03:16 PM
is there any on line sites where i can buy a Furminator Dogs brush from.jus.

luvzcavs
18th April 2007, 03:28 PM
I got mine off ebay and it was much cheaper than others.

cavlover
18th April 2007, 06:14 PM
I got mine on qvc.

Karlin
18th April 2007, 06:40 PM
If you search furminator and Uk a lot of sites will come up that will ship. Don;t know anyone who has them in Ireland.

BTW these are shedding tools NOT brushes and you only use it now and then. It will not be of much help on a cavalier that isn;t a heavy shedder and are really designed for dogs/cats with double coats (cavaliers have single coats). I have one and it does nothing at all for Leo or Jaspar's coats. Lily is more fluffy and dry and it does thin it a bit. It really works well ont he cats though.

casshon
18th April 2007, 07:03 PM
Justine,
You would be better off getting a coat king. I have one and they are great for reducing shedding.

Karlin
18th April 2007, 07:13 PM
A Mars Coat King actually trims out coats though; it removes growing live coat, not just dead (shedding) hair. So has to be used very sparingly or you can find you've stripped out too much of the dog's coat! You cannot do this with a Furminator as it is only taking out dead coat. The Coat Kings are good for dogs where you do want to actually thin the coat but don;t want the dog shorn at a groomers.

Jaspar and Leo have light coats and have never shed much at all and the Furminator really proved to me that it is best just to keep them well brushed. Also proved the Furminator doesn;t take out actual live coat as so little came off them, compared to Lily. :)

casshon
18th April 2007, 07:19 PM
I only use it once a week or so. I find it helps keep down the "wooliness". Honey is VERY hairy and Bella skirt is quite wooly. Molly doesnt usually need it. I suppose it depends on the dogs coat but I find it definitely helps lessen the hair balls floating aaround!

Justine
18th April 2007, 07:47 PM
thanks girls,i didnt know what it was for,it was recomended on the site.

Kodee
18th April 2007, 10:25 PM
A Mars Coat King actually trims out coats though; it removes growing live coat, not just dead (shedding) hair. So has to be used very sparingly or you can find you've stripped out too much of the dog's coat! You cannot do this with a Furminator as it is only taking out dead coat. The Coat Kings are good for dogs where you do want to actually thin the coat but don;t want the dog shorn at a groomers.

Jaspar and Leo have light coats and have never shed much at all and the Furminator really proved to me that it is best just to keep them well brushed. Also proved the Furminator doesn;t take out actual live coat as so little came off them, compared to Lily. :)That is the best description I have ever heard - I got it straight now! I have followed a few posts on both and thought it was just personal preference.