• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dettol

coconut

Is it okay to use Dettoil disinfectant on the area where the boys do they pee's and poo's?? It is starting to smell and i just wanna clean it up a bit!:confused:

Are we talking about indoors in accident areas?

I have never heard of that particular product, but I would be sure to use one that has natural enzymes that can actually destroy the odor. I just started using Nature's Miracle and that works really well.

For disenfecting I use the "Clorox Anywhere" spray. It's a really great product and completely satisfies my OCD need for sanitation.;)

Are we talking about indoors in accident areas?

I have never heard of that particular product, but I would be sure to use one that has natural enzymes that can actually destroy the odor. I just started using Nature's Miracle and that works really well.

For disenfecting I use the "Clorox Anywhere" spray. It's a really great product and completely satisfies my OCD need for sanitation.;)

Oh lord you sound like me! I first spray Sadie's area down with Clorox Anywhere to disinfect, then spray it was Nature's Miracle so it takes away the scent for her!

I agree to use a product that has natural enzymes to destroy odor, if you are able to get Nature's Miracle near you, I would use that. It always works for me.

Sorry i should have said that i wanna do this outside! i will look for some of them natural miracle stuff.

I have not used, but have seen yard spray that comes in a gallon jug with attachment for hose. It is for using on lawn/garden to get rid of pet odors. What I couldnt tell from reading the info is if it will deter your pet from wanting to go there at all.

Dettol from what I remember is a disinfectant similar to our Pine Sol/Mr. Clean etc., except stronger.

What area outside are you planning on cleaning with it. ??????

OOHH!! OUTSIDE!!:lol: I have a snobby shih tzu who won't set foot in the dirt, He always pees on my patio even though I have a 1/4 acre of property :rolleyes:

Save the natures Miracle for indoor messes, that stuff gets pricey!! I just use the hose on full blast and that takes care of my little man's messes. If you want to spray it down with a diluted bleach solution (1 part bleach, 9 parts water) that will sanitize and get rid of any odors ;)

Don't wash with bleach or any cleaning product before using an enzymatic cleaner -- a commercial one like FourPet or Nature's Miracle, or homemade one with vinegar or biological washing powder. using a bleach can actually set the smell for the dog; using the enzyme cleaner will break this down and you can then use another cleaner after that -- but you really do not need to.

For outside -- Dettol is noted as safe for pets on the back of the container but use in appropriate dilution, and rinse well. Dogs can be seriously burned and injured from cleaning products they lick, or that gets on their paws and burns the pads and then, their mouths and even gullet when they clean their paws. This can cause serious injury so be sure to rianse down any area where a cleaner is used verythoroughly -- except something like Nature's Miracle which should be used according to the package.

Thanks for that karlin, i will be sure to measure the dettol correctly and i will be very careful with washing it down will not allow the boys out until it dries so might bring them to the woods to play for awhile! or a :dogwlk:

We have Dettol here in Australia too, but I don't know if it is the same active ingredient. I've always considered it safe to use around the pets & have never had a problem.

i have used Dettol and it worked really well for me....although it says it is safe i always make sure i have diluted it well before using it...though i only ever used it inside the house before when they werent toilet trained properly...havent tried oustide

Back