• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Has anyone done anything with home pages?

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure what to do with a homepage and was curious if anyone has begun to set them up.

Maybe you can explain (from what you know) what they are for. I thought it was just to show if you were members of other zoint communities. Is that correct or is there more to it?

Funny....I was JUST about to check out the Homepages, and I was wondering the same thing too. LOL!

You can put any of the existing blocks onto your home page, so you could make it a gallery (as long as you are keeping file sizes small you can put up quite a few photo blocks), or create custom blocks and put them there, or whatever. It seems the default use is to show all your community links -- but we don't really have those. It may make more sense just to make the homepage inactive, actually, as people can add a second profile page anyway.

Karlin,

This is the error message I have been getting when trying to add a "block":

"You do not have sufficient privileges to view this page."

I accidentally turned off the "quotes" block and when I try to turn it back on, I get the same error message.

:bang:

Hey just added a youtube video to mine:cool:,

shame it had to be someone else video. :eek:

you can add youtube or google videos for those of you who put your videos on these sites. ;)

Bev, you can turn the block back on (or rather, add it back in) by going to the profile menu and clicking on 'add new block'. Then you can select from the column on the right -- just scroll to the quotes block and double click it. Then it will ask where you want to put it and just say 'profile'. I just tried doing this with my test membership which is set as normal registration and that worked.

Also -- Firefox and Internet Explorer are supported browsers, Safari and others aren't, so I have found some things work in Safari and some don't, just in case you are using a different browser.

I haven't locked any of the pages so everyone should be able to change colours, move and add blocks, etc.

Davy how did you do the blocks for your different sections? Eg the loves and hates ones etc?

:confused:
Karlin,
I'm still having the same problem. I do exactly what you said, and what I double click on "my quotes" or any of the others, first it says "requesting content" then it says

Zoints Message
You do not have sufficient privileges to view this page.

Davy how did you do the blocks for your different sections? Eg the loves and hates ones etc?

on the profile section click on add new blocks, then click on Create Custom Content Block and just put any name you want in the title bit.

Hmmm, can't explain why it won't work. What browser are you using? When you turned off the quotes, did you delete it by clicking on the x?

OK I can see the quotes block on your page -- did it work to add it back in? I also logged in as you and had no problem adding another block for quotes -- but then I saw yours was already there. BTW if you add more than one quote, it rotates through them so you get a different one each time, I guess.

I can see what my problem was -- in Safari, if you try to create a new block, it wants you to set it up using some code. In Firefox, I get the wyswig editor and can see how you just put what you want into the block. I'll have to remember to log in with Firefox when I want to work on my profile.

I can see what my problem was -- in Safari, if you try to create a new block, it wants you to set it up using some code. In Firefox, I get the wyswig editor and can see how you just put what you want into the block. I'll have to remember to log in with Firefox when I want to work on my profile.

I figured it out thanks to you Karlin :)

I typically use MSN's browser, but brought up IE and it worked fine (y)

I was able to add things and change the background color....but that was all I could figure out how to do for now.....pretty computer challenged here....but I will muddle on and try and figure it out...LOL!

Molly I have had this happen a few times. For whatever reason sometimes it just boots me out and I have to sign in again at Cavalier Talk and then I'm back in the game.

Yeah it can be a bit buggy I think. However Zoints is only coded to work well on IE or Firefox -- other browsers are not supported -- so just using a different browser may solve glitches.

Safari lets me do most things but I get the whole WYSIWIG ease of use on Firefox. I typically have both browsers open anyway, so it isn't too much oif a hassle.

Karlin,

Do you know how get pictures into the custom blocks? I went to the custom block page but can't get it into the block. I've tried from my own pics and flicker. Any help?

Karlin,

Do you know how get pictures into the custom blocks? I went to the custom block page but can't get it into the block. I've tried from my own pics and flicker. Any help?
On the profile page - choose edit page - edit block and choose block i.e. All about me. Then when options appear to right click background 1 etc.. you'll see beside the colour they are currently using or block colour bar "upload image".

Ohhhh...Thank you so much!! I'll have to work on it again this evening. My husband is a computer engineer but I'm very computer challanged. These pages are fun to put together.

Back