PDA

View Full Version : Dog Food Guide: Another link!

Om's Mom
22nd April 2007, 08:56 PM
This link has extensive information. It is lengthy, detailed and easy to understand. Perhaps someone will find it useful. The more access we have to information, the better we can wade through industry claims and terminology. It's all about learning.

http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html#addfoo

Best Intentions,
Dorothy

Joanne M
22nd April 2007, 10:38 PM
I like that link too Dorothy. I'm not sure if I found it here on this site or if it's one that Tucker's breeder sent me. It helped me decide which dog food brands to choose for Tucker. Even though I've been feeding Tucker kibble for months that he's done well on and gets high marks here I'm currently not giving to him. This food recall is so widespread I'm going to wait a bit before I reintroduce dog food to him. Hopefully I'm feeding him enough nutrition that a month off premium kibble will not hurt him nutritionally. At the very least, I know there is no melamine in the brown rice, boiled chicken and veggies I'm giving him.

Caraline
23rd April 2007, 12:33 AM
I really like that site owned by Mary Straus. She is writing some excellent articles in Whole Dog Journal on the subject of nutrition & home prepared meals.

molly
23rd April 2007, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the link Dorothy. Great information there.