PDA

View Full Version : Charlie - 14/10/92 - 20/04/07

Pepsi
22nd April 2007, 10:27 PM
Hi. Unfortunately my beautiful Charlie is appearing here earlier than I hoped he would be :( He was put to sleep on Friday afternoon, at home, with my partner and I present. He had a good day. He went for a couple of small walks, had tuna and milk for lunch, and some Easter Egg for dessert.

He had a good long and happy life. The house is horrible and empty without him, but I'm glad we let him go when we did, before he suffered too much pain.

Be happy and pain-free my baby boy. I love you loads.
Paula xx

Mary
22nd April 2007, 11:18 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Charlie was a lucky pup to have you as his family. Hoping that sweet thoughts of him bring comfort in time. He is running pain free and happy now at the bridge. And he will always be in your life looking down over your shoulder.

Charleen
22nd April 2007, 11:31 PM
Paula - I am so sorry to hear that Charlie is gone. *ng*l

Karlin
22nd April 2007, 11:40 PM
Paula I am so sorry. You were able to give him the gift of a gentle passing though before he was in real pain, and in the surroundings that he loved.

His face is so lovely -- he always looked such a gentleman.

Caraline
23rd April 2007, 12:00 AM
Bless you & your husband Paula, for being with Charlie right to the very end. You have given him the gift of a painfree & fear free passage to the Rainbow Bridge. The other day when you said his time had come, I went and had a look at some of the pictures you had posted up of him and he sure is a beautiful boy and his persoanlity comes across in the photos. May Old Father Time mend your broken heart.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there... I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow...
I am the diamond glints on snow...
I am the sunlight on ripened grain...
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you waken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of gentle birds in circling flight...
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry—
I am not there... I did not die...

brid kenny
23rd April 2007, 12:21 AM
So sorry. he looks like such a dignified dog.

nlg679
23rd April 2007, 12:28 AM
Wishing you peace ---hold onto all of those precious memories:( ...he had a long life.:flwr:

Cathy T
23rd April 2007, 02:35 AM
Precious boy!! Bless you, Paula, for letting him go with his dignity and relatively pain free. Time will heal although he will never be forgotten. You've now gone through the hardest thing a pet owner will ever have to endure.

Rest well Charlie...you were loved and you are now free.

natalieandmike
23rd April 2007, 02:37 AM
We grieve with you for the loss of a wonderful friend. *ng*l

toblerone
23rd April 2007, 05:49 AM
I'm sorry that you had to let Charlie go. I know that you have been agonizing over this for some time and that you had reservations about being there at the end. I hope that you and your partner found some peace in the experience and that you will be able to remember all the good times that you had with him like your trip over the holidays. As Karlin said, he had the face of a real gentleman and lived a good long life. I'll be thinking about you in the coming days.

Margaret

Sue.k
23rd April 2007, 09:52 AM
Paula I am so sorry for you loss :( at least there was no pain and you were with him, he is a happy chappy looking down on you :paw:

coconut
23rd April 2007, 11:25 AM
Paula i am so sorry for your loss, charlie was a real gentleman but u gave him a peaceful passing!

U and ur partner are in our thoughts

sannie
23rd April 2007, 11:26 AM
Aww, bless, he was a lovely old man, you'll miss him but soon you'll realize it was a good decision. He's absolutely free now.

merlinsmum
23rd April 2007, 01:45 PM
My thoughts are with you at such a sad time..... Run free Charlie:paw:

Mabel's Mom
23rd April 2007, 02:15 PM
So sorry for your loss. No matter how old they get, they're still our babies. He's not in pain now...and yours will lessen with time. He'll always be with you.
Karin

Lindsay
23rd April 2007, 02:49 PM
Paula, so sorry to hear about Charlie. What a sweet boy. Please take care :hug: :hug: :hug:

matties mum
23rd April 2007, 02:53 PM
I am so sorry for your loss ---Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

Zippy
23rd April 2007, 09:43 PM
Paula, I'm sorry for your loss.

Charlie was a gorgeous boy, he had a long life and now, is free.

Thinking of you at this time. Take care.:flwr: :flwr:

ppotterfield
24th April 2007, 03:06 PM
I just saw your notice about Charlie. What a wonderful life he had with you and what a wonderful gift of a peaceful death you were able to give to him. He will be waiting at the Bridge for you. Run free, sweet Charlie, run free.

Jen
24th April 2007, 03:54 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. He had a wonderful life and went free before being in too much pain. :hug:

Nicki
24th April 2007, 07:07 PM
oh Pepsi I'm so very sorry that Charlie has been given his wings.

He had a wonderful long happy life, you must have many happy memories and as the pain eases a little you will be able to look back and remember those times.

Thank you for being brave enough to let him go - this is our last loving gift to our beloved companions.

Thinking of you and thank you that we were able to share a little of Charlie's life through the forum, he was a very special boy.

Princess Annabel
24th April 2007, 07:47 PM
Hello Pepsi,

I am really sorry to hear about Charlie's passing.

I was just thinking a week or so ago while looking at the seniors thread that he looked like a lovely older boy.

Be strong.

Bianca

pippa
24th April 2007, 08:26 PM
so sorry....

Joanne M
24th April 2007, 11:26 PM
Paula, I am so sorry for your loss. The pain is I imagine horrible for you. Charlie has been a favorite of mine on this board since I first saw his handsome, serene and wise face. I'm glad that you and Charlie were blessed with so many years together. I know you gave him the kind of life we wish all animals had. God bless you, your partner, and Charlie now sharing his wisdom with the other animals at the Rainbow Bridge.

Molly's mom
25th April 2007, 07:27 PM
:cry*ing: So sorry to hear of Charlie's passing. My condolences to you and your partner. You will never regret being with him when he passed. He was with the people he loved most. :hug:

nursejess80
25th April 2007, 09:21 PM
I'm so sorry about Charlie, but you gave him one last gift of love by allowing him to go peacefully with you and your partner at his side. You're in my thoughts and prayers in your time of mourning!!!

Pepsi
26th April 2007, 11:04 PM
Thank you so much for your touching comments. I really appreciate the help and support you guys have given me.
Paula x

Shay
1st May 2007, 03:51 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Charlie. My heart goes out to you and your partner. I know this is so difficult to go through. Run free little Charlie.*ng*l

KimNIndy
1st May 2007, 07:53 PM
Paula I'm so sorry for your loss. It must be so lonely without Charlie. Hang on to the wonderful memories---eventually the pain will soften and you will still have the good times. i always enjoyed your avatar of gentle charlie. what a happy peaceful last day he had with you. :hug:

k

Barbara Nixon
2nd May 2007, 05:35 PM
It's so sad that you had to let Charlie go Paula, but feel happy that you were able to save him from pain and suffering and cherish the happy days. Remember the joyful times , when he was sprightly and funloving. My 'picture' of Izzy is of him running to me with a retrieve in his mouth and a sparkle of pride in his eyes.

(sorry for the late reply, but I lost my access for a week)

Claire L
5th May 2007, 10:50 AM
Paula, I'm so very sorry to read about your beloved boy's passing. You must miss him so much right now. I'm glad that you were able to stay with him, I know it's hard but in time you will cherish that memory too. You had a wonderful relationship with Charlie and it's clear from your posts ,that he was very well loved and cherished. I'm especially glad that you were able to take him on holiday at Christmas...

Take it easy.... :hug: :hug:

XXX Claire

Rj Mac
10th May 2007, 03:52 PM
Paula, we're so sorry to hear about your Charlie, our thoughts are with you in this difficult time :luv: :luv: :luv:

Maxxs_Mummy
15th May 2007, 07:41 PM
Paula,

I am so very, very sorry to hear that you had to give Charlie his wings. It is a very brave and selfless thing to do and I'm sure he's watching over you and sending you his angel love.

You gave him so many wonderful and very happy years, he couldn't have wished for anyone to have loved him more.

When I Am Gone

When I am gone...release me, let me go
I have so many things to see and do.
You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears
Be thankful for our beautiful years.
I gave to you my love. You can only guess
How much you gave to me in happiness.
I thank you for the love each of you have shown
But now it's time that I travelled on alone.
So grieve a while for me if grieve you must
Then let your grief be confronted in trust
It's only for a short time that we must part
So cherish the moments locked within your heart.
I won't be far away for life does go on
So if you need me, call and I will come.
Though you can't see me or touch me, I'll be near
And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear
All my love around you, soft and clear.
And then when you must come this way alone,
I'll be waiting to greet you with a smile,
and say "Welcome home".

Author Unknown

Big hugs and love from Me, Maxx and Charlie xxxxx :hug: