• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cool Story

Jessieca

I thought this was pretty cool :) and figured I would share.

My boyfriend and I took our ruby Bailey to the park about a week ago, and we instantly saw another ruby cavalier. I could see the tail waving like a flag in the distance, and knew it must be one haha.

As we got closer, the dog was IDENTICAL to Bailey (aside from being female, and minus one white paw). We were in shock, as was the other owner. She first asked about what breeder I went to, and I said the city, and the first name of the breeder, and in an instant, she said the last name. Then she asked his age, which matched her dog's...and then we found out they had matching birthdays!! It was his litter mate :D How cool is that? I am not sure how puppies memories are, but it definitely seemed like they remembered each other (this could be in our heads though hehe). They played for about an hour, and had so much fun together. We are going to make puppy play dates for them now :) I still can't get over how similar they looked! They were the exact same size, weight, had similar markings...we could only tell them apart because of their harness colors. It was surprising to run into a litter mate considering we drove 3 hours to get Bailey. It's pretty exciting, and I can't wait to get them together again! :dogwlk:

Anyways, I thought it was pretty cool and so unexpected, and I thought I would share :D

:) yeah that is pretty cool!! that's so exciting you ran into them! im sure both the doggiez had a blast. ..Next time you get together you'll have to take pictures of both of them to post here!!

wow what are the odds of that happening!!! I get excited just seeing another cavalier i dunno what would happen if I ran into my pup's littermate a couple of months from now randomly!

Haha I know! I have only seen 5 ever besides him lol, so to run into one at all, never mind his litter mate, is cool :)

haha yea i would be ecstatic! ..at the breeders my two were the quietest/calmest of the litter...now they are absolutely mental! would like to see how the others turned out..didnt think you can get much crazier than my 2..but who knows...by the way...what was Baileys sisters name?

haha yea i would be ecstatic! ..at the breeders my two were the quietest/calmest of the litter...now they are absolutely mental! would like to see how the others turned out..didnt think you can get much crazier than my 2..but who knows...by the way...what was Baileys sisters name?

She actually got his sister earlier on the same day as us apparently, and he had 2 siblings (M&F black/tans) left when we got there, and they were nuts haha. They were just all over the place. Bailey was just this sweet little thing sitting in our laps, licking us haha, we loved him the instant we saw him.

Her name is Audrey. Don't their names sound cute together? Bailey & Audrey haha, I am such a nerd, I think it's adorable.

Oh, and mine was also the calmest, and ended up to be a hyper, playful little guy lol. What's funny is his sister seemed to have the SAME personality. Her owner sat with us, and we just told stories, and couldn't believe how similar their personalities were. It was so cute, they were running around with twigs in their mouths together. :)

well they are twins! but still what are the odds of that...both mine have different personalities. Yes Audrey and Bailey do sound very cute together...did you consider Audrey when you were picking out your puppy..or was she already taken?

well they are twins! but still what are the odds of that...both mine have different personalities. Yes Audrey and Bailey do sound very cute together...did you consider Audrey when you were picking out your puppy..or was she already taken?

I know, what are the odds!! I drove my boyfriend nuts talking about it haha, his amusement eventually wore out, but I am still amazed by it haha.

Audrey was gone when we went to the breeders home. I guess her owner came early in the day and picked her out, and we came late that afternoon. We initially had wanted a girl, so I am not sure what would have happened if she had still been there. Bailey was such a perfect match for us though, so I am sure we would have taken him home with us either way.

That is a great story. What are the odds? I bet they remembered each other. These little dogs are so amazing, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.;)

its funny how things like that happen.

my sister got a rescue cav pup Ellie ( man bought it for his girlfriend then dumped her, she worked all day couldnt keep the pup)

while my sister was walking Ellie in the next street a little girl brought her puppy out to show her , that turned out to be the litter brother!
The breeder was miles away & Ellie had been through a few homes in different towns yet they still ended up in the same place.

Another twist was that a few months later my sister collected a 7 month tri girl from a town even further away & on reading the pedigree she was Ellies litter sister !

So the entire litter was moved around the country through different homes only to eventually end up a few doors away from each other.

Coincidences like that have happened many times with our dogs. I'm a great believer in fate.

Wow! What a cool story!! What are the odds? It's a small Cavalier world..but still...that's just very neat.

Back