• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bauer is finally home!

Bauer came home with us on Sunday afternoon and he has been such a delight. Sunday night he did cry a bit when we put him in his crate to go to sleep, and let me tell you that was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I wanted so badly to take him out and hold him but that can't happen. He is so playful and energetic. I am loving every minute I am spending with him. Last night was a good night. My boyfriend put him to bed and not one peep came from him. I was so proud. Here are just a few pictures from his first few days with us.
Spring2007030.jpg

For some reason Bauer took my boyfriend's newspaper and ran all over the place with it.
Spring2007026.jpg

Nap time
Spring2007023.jpg

He is going to be a soocer star when he grows up! He loves that ball!

What a cutie!!! (Get used to the paper obsession-- it seems like a common thing among Cavaliers. Any piece of paper or tissue that hits the floor in our house is shredded to about a million pieces within 1 minute.)

Have fun with him! The puppy stage just flies by and you look at your grown-up beautiful dog and you can hardly believe they were that cute little furball you brought home!

It sounds like he's doing great, too. What you describe sounds exactly like what Daisy did when we brought her home last July. Just a couple of whimpers in the crate the first night and never another one. (Except when she needed to go outside, of course, but she would normally scratch on the crate door then rather than whimper.)

That's so funny about the paper...Oliver LOVES any kind of paper, too! Toilet paper, paper towels, you name it... I had to buy a covered trash basket for my bathroom that he has learned how to sneak paper out of anyway!! :)

Your puppy is adorable!

He is beautiful we only have finn just over a week the first day we had him he counldn't find us if we left the room he looked a bit lost. He's a different dog he loves to go out now by himself I leave the door open as were potty training he really has fun. He can get up the stairs by himself not encouraged though our stairs is split on two level so its not steep.

Like you he cried the first night in his crate not a sound since he goes in at about 1030 and he is brought out a 5 and then were up for the day at 745.

Bauer is SO CUTE!!! You're going to have so much fun with him! Yeah, Ruby is a little obsessed with paper, too. She is always trying to steal napkins from me and loves to shred the newspaper. I can't even think about reading a magazine around her because she rips off the edges every time! Aren't they funny little things?? Oh, and beware of the toilet paper roll. They will rip the paper to shreds if they can get a hold of it.

Bauer is sooooooooooo cute, you are going to have so much fun with him.
they melt our hearts from the first time we see them.:D
judy

:rolleyes: Congratulations, he is beautiful, I love his colouring :) You will learn soon enough to puppy proof your house, Prince had a habit of chewing new books on me, I dont know how many books I havent read the first pages of because he had eaten them

Awwww he is a little beauty, I know the paper thing as well Barney loves tearing up a newspaper too.:D

Back