• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby's home......

nursejess80

and she is NOT happy. She's pretty groggy and shaky, and she's not having a whole lot to do with me right now. The first thing she did when we got home was go sit by the couch and patiently wait for me to pick her up. She's asleep right now....Oh, and the girl at the vet said she wasn't too happy after I left her there. She was like, "she didn't like the cage very much....she just sat in the corner and trembled." I did NOT need to know that. I was doing fine until she said that, and then of course I teared up and quickly left. My poor baby!! She just kind of woke up and made a little shriek in pain. I'm SOOO ready for it to be time for her pain med. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know how she's doing.

Jess, So glad Ruby is home again and doing as well as can be expected. Gracie didn't want much to do with me last week right after her surgery either, except to know that I was nearby. She mostly just sat in her crate. Everytime she'd wake up for the first day or so, she'd yelp...as if to say, "Crap, it wasn't a dream, I'm still hurting!" But, that passed, too! Sorry that she's not feeling well...sounds like her and Gracie would get along well, though! She'll be back to her old self in no time!

Hi Jess.....I am so glad Ruby is home. I'm sure she will sleep most of the day and night. Lily slept straight through until 8:30 the next morning. Late for her. I'm sure she will be much better tomorrow. Keep us posted on her progress. Lily and I are sending hugs to you and Ruby.:hug:

Oh, and the girl at the vet said she wasn't too happy after I left her there. She was like, "she didn't like the cage very much....she just sat in the corner and trembled." I did NOT need to know that.

That was really an insensitive remark for her to make. No wonder it brought you to tears, no one likes to hear something like that...totally unnecessary.

I think you'll be surprised at how much better she is tomorrow. When we brought Shelby home we had a blanket spread out on the bed and we all just hung out in there. She'd let our her little moans, and fall back to sleep. Within 24 hours she was back to her feisty little self.

She's much more alert now, but she's not too interested in food or water. What little she has had has come off of my fingers. She just wants to cuddle in my lap, which is fine with me. Thanks for all of your support!! Ruby says thanks as well!!!

Quote "Oh, and the girl at the vet said she wasn't too happy after I left her there. She was like, "she didn't like the cage very much....she just sat in the corner and trembled." I did NOT need to know that. I was doing fine until she said that, and then of course I teared up and quickly left."

I hope that she just most likely wanted to let you know how she really was doing. I would be more upset if someone lied to me. :)
I work at a vet hospital and I always try to be honest with our clients. If a dog has a rough time while staying with us I will encourage them to bring the little guy back for some non invasive time, like boarding with us for a few hours.
;)

Back