PDA

View Full Version : how often do you bruch teeth???

Azriel
26th April 2007, 05:30 AM
so, just wondering how often people brush their dog's teeth?? and do you use dog toothpaste, or just a brush/cloth, or something else??? any suggestions on the best way to do it or the best time....before eating, end of day, etc???

Caraline
26th April 2007, 05:37 AM
My big plan was to brush the dogs teeth every day, but in reality it gets done about 3 times per week. I don't really have a routine as to when I do it, just part of the daily grooming session. I do use a dog toothpaste, but I have heard it said that the paste is not the important bit and can be left out if the dog objects to it. I use a double ended brush, with one head being quite tiny & the other larger.

When you find out the best way to do it, let me know as I find it not that easy on the Cavaliers. The Boxers are really easy as they have huge mouths & a flip top head, and if it goes in the mouth they adore it... no matter what it is.

luvzcavs
26th April 2007, 08:26 AM
I brush the boys teeth everyday, I use chicken or vanilla doggie toothpaste and a childs toothbrush. I sit them on top of the washer so they can not move around too much and I can see into thier mouth better with out breaking my back. My boys enjoy having their teeth brushed, I think they really like the toothpaste. I do it at all times of the day. Usually around lunchtime, but I really don't think it matters.

paulio99
26th April 2007, 11:50 AM
I tend to brush Marlons teeth twice a week.
He loves the toothpaste and goes mad when he sees the toothbrush coming out.
I let him lick the toothpaste and then start brushing.

As he loves to chew on the brush the back teeth get brushed by him !
I 'wiggle' it about a bit turn it upside down and it works a treat !

The front ones are a different matter......

World War 3 breaks out when I try and get the front ones, but in the end it all turns out well !

simonrickell
26th April 2007, 12:34 PM
Guinness:paw: - our old man at 11 has been on a BARF diet for a year and a half. Quite soon after starting we noticed that most of the tartar had been removed.

They(Guinness, Willow and Bailey) have to do a lot of crunching on their raw chicken wings and raw chicken necks - which helps to clean their teeth without our intervention.

:dogwlk: