• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I let Dylan off lead for the 1st time.

*Pauline*

This is a big break through for me as Dylan is great at recall but I'm terrified to let him off the lead.

Well today I've been feeling a lot better but my daughter had an epileptic seizure last night so I stayed in with her most of the day. Poor Dylan was so bored he was waiting by the front door. So I took him up the park.

There was just one nice lady in the park at first. We chatted and exchanged numbers as she was telling me she has had a great decorator working at hers all week. She told me I could ring her tomorrow and talk to him. I need my woodwork painting. I'm great at talking to strangers, I know all about her family and her ex husband now!

Anyway, more and more people came to the park. In the end there must have been 8 dogs there. Dylan got on fine with all of them. I tell two chaps I was talking to that I'm to frightened to let Dylan off the lead. They said that this is the best time to do it as there were lots of dogs and Dylan would stay with us all. I told them if they stayed with me to help if he ran off I'd do it! (helpless female, of course they agreed!!) I didn't have any good treats so one man gave me some ham.

Then I untied his lead, I was feeling sick but the two men stayed there for support! I let him off and he stayed by my side!! It was great fun, all of us doggy owners talking and the dogs running round trying to make babies. But that isn't a problem, lets just say they were all boys! :eek: I'm going to try walking to heel off lead like Cathy Moon recommends next time there are no other dogs. I think he will do it for some ham!

It was so much fun. My heart was pounding. Everyone loved baby Dylan :D I was so proud of him. His recall was 100% every time!!

I'm going again tomorrow with a camera :snap:

Hooray for Dylan, he's such a good boy, and a teriffic listener :rah: .

I hope you daughter is feeling better today.

Thank you, Antonia only has seizures in her sleep. When she got up she collapsed and she had bitten her tongue in her sleep. That must REALLY hurt but she hasn't moaned once. I'm not talking a little nip like when we are eating and catch our tongue, she actually has teeth marks in hers. She never makes a fuss but she loves mummy looking after her :D

Pauline,

And I'm almost positive you love taking care of Antonia....I'm well into my 40's and my Mom only lives a couple of door away. If I'm not feeling well, she's right there trying to make me something to eat or getting me something from the store, and I really don't mind.

That is wonderful about Dylan!!! He is such a smart obedient boy!!! you must be very proud!!

hope your daughter is feeling better!

*Pauline*; said:
My mum isn't talking to me :(]

That's a bummer Pauline. I can understand how you feel. My father passed away 16 years tomorrow and he wasn't speaking to me when he died. All over a guy he didn't want me to be with. I guess he thought if he stopped speaking to me, I would dump the guy, but I loved him. So unfortunatley he had a heart attack four months into the no speaking quest.

Oh my goodness Sharon, I'm so sorry :hug: Though of course what he did was silly, his motives must have been because he was worried about his precious daughter. Dare I ask, did you stay with the boyfriend?

I just wanted some time with my Mum and a bit of help sometimes, she is always running off helping my brother and sister but she won't for me. So when I moaned about it, I was dropped like a hot brick. :confused: It'll blow over soon.

Hi!

Way to go Dylan, what a good boy you were, now you've done it for the first time it will get easier each time, just reward him and praise like crazy when he comes back he'll soon get the idea that coming when called is really well worth it!

Hope your daughter is OK and that you and your mom sort your differences out soon!

your braver than me he's such a good boy coming back on command, glad your daughters feeling better now.

No, Pauline it didn't last much more than a year after my Dad passed away. Oh well, what are you going to do.

My Mom and I have are tiffs too. They blow over after a while. I only have one brother, no sisters. He lives about 10-15 miles away and we hardly ever see him. It's a shame. My Mom of course thinks he walks on water. She'll be complaining about him one minute, but when he calls, she drops everything.

Tell me something, is it just Mom in the US that idolize their sons? LOL

Back