• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Weird quirks about your dog?

Battie4

Alright well now that Waffles has been home for a day I realize she has some very weird quirks. Well actually I don't know if they are quirks or not but Waffles is a very animated sleeper. She snores moves around a lot when she sleeps and grunts and so on. So I wa sjust wondering first off is that normal? And also what kind of weird habits or quirks do your dogs have?

Jon Chang

Caught Shelby doing that this morning!! We all had a rough night last night...hubby was up really early this morning...so everyone's sleep was disturbed. Shelby was catching up on her snoozes on the couch, I was working in the office, heard some really funny noises and ran out to the family room...not sure what I was going to see. It was Shelby snorting and kicking...sound asleep on the couch :D

I dunno if this is a quirk or not but I thought it was funny. I had bought all these toys and chews for Waffles but her favorite toy happens to be an empty water bottle........go figure

Yep the empty water bottle, toilet paper roll cores, and cardboard boxes tend to be more interesting to puppies hen toys you pay for. :lol:

Cavaliers are generally snorers by the way!

Both of my Cavaliers snore - loudly. They always have and I've just taken it as part of their charm. However, you would be hard pressed to get my girls to play with a toy or anything else. They seem to think that is way below their dignity!

My cavvies all have their own original little quirks! Makes each one an individual!!! ;)

Last edited:
um kodee may take a prize on her quirk. feet and legs. she has always gone for the toes - ok so do a lot of puppies. but this has stayed with her I think, as the other day my daughter appeared in a mini-skirt since the first really warm day arrived here. Kodee ran to the stairs wiggling a mile a minute. she kept giving little tiny bark sounds, back up, wiggle forward. You'd think she hit the jackpot when she saw those legs! Needless to say my daughter gave up after a good bathing of them compliments Kodee and put jeans back on :rolleyes:

Prince snores alot, when he is in the kitchen sleeping I can hear him when I am in the sitting room (with the TV on) He also does this thing, he will be sitting down and staring at his back foot, as soon as he moves his foot he will start to play attack it, it is so funny watching him, its as if his foot isnt part of him and he thinks it attacking him, its hilarious to watch:)

I dunno if this is a quirk or not but I thought it was funny. I had bought all these toys and chews for Waffles but her favorite toy happens to be an empty water bottle........go figure
haha :) both my two LOVE empty water bottles! it entertains them for ages!!..they also have this thing for ice-cubes on the ground...making them slip and slide around everywhere and trying to get it in their mouths without it slipping out and finally sitting down away from everyone and chomping it down.

They both snore a bit...not too loud though (thankfully;))..and Milo has a thing for ears...after licking you a bit he goes straight for the ears snuffling at them, licking them...and everything imagineable...always new he was the weird one ;)

LUcky snores ... but I never`noticed it at night, just in the middle of the day. Since it does not wake me up, it's cute.

I started having Lucky sleep in his crate because now at 10 months he's decided to start jumping off my bed in the middle of the night. He used to sleep all the way through at my feet. Now he's a bed hog too ...

So last night at about midnight, I hear this barking from the crate ... I opened it up to let him out (in case he had to go to the bathroom or something I would have taken him out.). he did not move. I guess he was barking in his sleep!! He's a little character alright.

Another "quirk" is when he decide he does not want to walk in the direction I do, he'll brace his feet on the ground and just STOP. And then look up at me as if to say "No, that's not the way I want to go ...." We always end up walking my way eventually, but I'm clear that he's *trying* to train me there ....

Olympic Sport!

Hello,

Well I think they should create a section in the Olympic games for Cavalier snoring! Most of mine snore, Logan has even been known to bark in his sleep at times, usually accompanied by a lot of serious leg twitching, I've often wondered if he's dreaming of chasing something?

When I had my litter back in January (only 1 pup but looking good) the Mum, Princess, snored so loudly that my husband moved into the spare bedroom! :rotfl:

I was talking to my Mom on the phone earlier - dogs all piled in the bed asleep. She finally asked if that was a dog snoring. When I told her it was she suggested that I put a breathe right strip on them. Can you imagine the confusion that would cause them?

Abbey snores so loud she wakes herself up and looks around all confused!
Gus doesn't snore, but when he's tired he starts sticking his foot in his ear, kinda scratching, kinda missing, but always moaning when he does it. Then his head gets lower and lower and the foot stops...
Every night he does this. :)

I love these stories!! Of course all of my babies snore like crazy, but each has their own little weird things that they do.

Zoey is obsessed with cats. Her breeder also bred Himalayian kittens so she has been around them since birth. She drives my adult cats CRAZY because she gets frantic every time she sees them and gives them kisses all over. My foster kittens are quite used to being smothered by Zoey each morning.:winkct:

Wesley hates it when my fiancee and I wear hats. It's like he doesn't recognize us or he wants to kill the thing that is on our heads! He barks like mad whenever we have a hat on, and immediatly stops when we take it off.

Cody thinks it is his job to groom all four of my dogs. He cleans their tears, licks their mouths after they eat and "bites fleas" off of them. He is such a sweetie!! I have great pictures of him kissing everyone. :luv:

Another one of my girls, Genie, has a real good bark whenever I turn the page over at the start of a new month on my calender, of course I always have a Cavalier one, and it's not until about the 3rd or the 4th of each month that she quits barking at the new "stranger" on the wall!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Another one of my girls, Genie, has a real good bark whenever I turn the page over at the start of a new month on my calender, of course I always have a Cavalier one, and it's not until about the 3rd or the 4th of each month that she quits barking at the new "stranger" on the wall!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rotfl:

That's hilarious!! I'm always amazed at how Abbey barks at any animal she sees on TV. She's "taught" Gus to watch TV as well. He only barks at dogs, while Abbey barks at any animal...the Kemps cows really get her going. :rolleyes:

Cathryn,
That wall calendar is a hilarious story. I love it! Bianca has NEVER barked except in her sleep. She says a soft "woof woof woof', and rolls over. Mike and I always wonder what she's dreaming about. Never has she barked during the day! These are great stories. -Natalie:)

Oliver barks at hats, too!!

He is completely obsessed with my make-up and brushes. I usually sit and watch tv while I am putting my make-up on in the morning. As soon as Oliver notices, he is in my lap trying to stick his head into my make-up bag and snuffle all around it!

ella has a booster car seat in the car and when i put them both in the car alfs will run across the back seat and take his position onto her car seat ella and him end up fighting over the car seat,he will not budge i have to push him off,when i drop her at school,he imd. jumps on top of it,then i srap him into it,he loves it because he is higher up and can see everything.sometimes he will fall asleep in it sitting up,it is funny.ella gets cross because she ends up sitting on him till he moves off.

Cathryn,
That wall calendar is a hilarious story. I love it! Bianca has NEVER barked except in her sleep. She says a soft "woof woof woof', and rolls over. Mike and I always wonder what she's dreaming about. Never has she barked during the day! These are great stories. -Natalie:)

Wow, you need to teach my dog not to bark haha. He's more of a whiner than anything actually, it can get to be embarassing - he will do it in public if people don't pay him attention. He seems to believe he is the most important and cutest thing in the World, and EVERYONE must acknowledge this. Sometimes he will bark at the windows as well.

His weirdest thing is that he barks at our floor AC in our bedroom. He will walk right up to it, and just bark and bark. We have yet to figure out the cause of this, but think that maybe he is seeing his shadow in it...It would almost make sense if it were on, and making noise, but it's still cold here and it's not turned on when he does it lol.

Bailey also snores, and very loudly, and sometimes shakes. Also, before he will lay down, he has to repeatedly circle the area, as if to get in the most comfortable position possible. He sometimes starts to bark or make noise in his sleep, and then suddenly stands or sits up, which I am assuming must be related to some doggy dream he's having, and then he will go right back to sleep.

Back